Ventus C refinish, wing templates?

Old July 28th 20, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike N.

Default Ventus C refinish, wing templates?

I am thinking about doing a refinish on my Ventus C.

I am wondering if wing templates are available?

Also I'd like to cut down some of the cost by doing most of the grunt work myself. Under the watchful eye and coaching of a knowledable refinisher.

Is there anyone I can go to who would could help with that. Obviously I would pay them for their time.

At this point I am just trying to think over some options.

Mike
Old July 29th 20, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

Where are you located? That will determine who you might be able to work with.

Mike
Old July 29th 20, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike N.

I reside in Florida.

So south east coast.

I also spend a few months in Utah every summer bringing my glider with me. I could extend that travel time.

Old July 29th 20, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

Mike,

Look up John Neel on the SSA member locator. He lives in UT and has done a lot of rebuild/refinish work. He may be willing to have you do the "grunt" work with his supervision.

Mike
Old July 29th 20, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike N.

On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 9:32:56 PM UTC-6, SoaringXCellence wrote:
Mike,

Look up John Neel on the SSA member locator. He lives in UT and has done a lot of rebuild/refinish work. He may be willing to have you do the "grunt" work with his supervision.

Mike

Thanks, will do!