Seminole-Lake Gliderport Under New Mannagement

Old September 17th 15, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rich Owen [email protected]

Default Seminole-Lake Gliderport Under New Mannagement

Seminole Lake Gliderport under New Management

The home of the Senior Soaring Championship is under new management effective September 10, 2015. We are still owned by Mr. Mihai Tanjala who is outside the US to pursue another business opportunity and he has placed the reins of the operation into the capable hands of two long time aviation professionals. Mr. Rich Owen has been named the company's Vice President and Mr. Clif Mcvay is assigned as the General Manager of the operation. Rich has been soaring for over 10 years and is a retired Navy fighter pilot and Delta Air Line pilot. He has competed in Standard and Sports Class competitions in the southeast and is looking forward to flying his new ASG-29Es in 18 meter class this year.
Clif (yes, just one "f" in Clif) is a long time powered pilot , Chief Flight Instructor, airport owner/manager, tow pilot and an A&P/IA. He brings a wealth of experience both in the cockpit and in maintenance.

Our goal at Seminole Lake is to provide the very best flight instruction to the aviation community, provide safe/efficient towing support for our local and visiting pilots, introduce people to the joys of soaring and to continue the tradition of hosting the largest one class soaring competition in the United States. The Senior Soaring Championship is on track under our Contest Manager Mr. Ky McAteer and we look forward to providing him every resource to make this year's contest a success.

Seminole-Lake Gliderport
352-394-5450
www.soarfl.com
Old September 17th 15, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Sounds good
Old September 18th 15, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 6:25:54 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Sounds good

I should have said "as the prop turns"
Glennnnnnnnnnn
Old September 18th 15, 12:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
discus277

On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 3:33:18 PM UTC-4, Rich Owen wrote:
[...]

Hey Rich, that sounds awesome!....But can I still call you Rich or should it be Mr. Owen...

Best, Jim Price