Flarmnet problems on Flarmview

Old May 7th 16, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default Flarmnet problems on Flarmview

On Friday, May 6, 2016 at 9:39:56 AM UTC-7, Karl Kunz wrote:
I did send LXNav a query but got a terse response which only quoted there manual which sucks by any measure. So far not impressed with LXNav. They really need to get a good technical writer with good english skills to write their manuals.

On Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 3:12:45 AM UTC-7, Tango Eight wrote:
http://www.lxnav.com/contact.html

best,
Evan

I cant agree more. There are also many issues and shortcoming with Flarmview. I am in contact with them trying to explain the issues. Had to go back and forth after they kept referring me to the manual but I think I got their attention and hopefully they will improve the product. They promised to fix some of the issues I reported. The rumor that flarmview is better than Butterfly display is highly exagerated. It is more configurable and looks nicer but at the same time more confusing.

Ramy
Old May 10th 16, 10:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Den mandag den 2. maj 2016 kl. 17.23.22 UTC+2 skrev Karl Kunz:
Just installed a Flarm Core with a Flarmview2 display. Installed the Flarmnet file after running it thru the converter required by LXNav and not getting IDs. My partner also installed the same file on his Flarmview1 with the same result. Is anyone else having this same problem?

Have got exactly the same problem.
Haven't tried changing baud rates yet.

Rg. Per Givskov

Old May 11th 16, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Karl,

Give me a call sometime. I'll be glad to support you.

Note: You don't need to use the PC FlarmNet converter application. Recent
versions of the FlarmView firmware have a built-in converter. After you
save the FlarmNet .fln file to the microSD memory card, put the card into
the FlarmView 2 and go to the Files menu and select "convert fln to flx" (or
something like that). The conversion takes a few seconds. Doing the
conversion in the unit will have the added side-benefit of verifying that
the microSD card is working OK.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Karl Kunz" wrote in message

Yes I left the card in and was seeing all the targets but not seeing the
tail numbers. The instructions for ins

On Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 2:37:10 PM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
On Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 8:36:07 AM UTC-7, Karl Kunz wrote:
Thanks Roy I'll give that a try. I had thought of that but given that
the rest of the functions worked figured it wasn't the problem.

On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 6:50:46 PM UTC-7,
wrote:
On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 11:23:22 AM UTC-4, Karl Kunz wrote:
Just installed a Flarm Core with a Flarmview2 display. Installed the
Flarmnet file after running it thru the converter required by LXNav
and not getting IDs. My partner also installed the same file on his
Flarmview1 with the same result. Is anyone else having this same
problem?

Karl:
Play with changes in the baud rate. I had the same problem and
finally getting the correct baud rate on flarmview fixed it.
Interestingly, after I did the 2015 software update the same problem
came back - and it was fixed the same way.
Roy

Karl, I suspected earlier there was an issue but last weekend I saw all
the tail numbers. I assume you left the micro SD card in, otherwise this
will be the reason as I am pretty sure the micro SD card needs to always
be in to retain configuration and flarmnet data.

Ramy