Cobra Trailer Wheels

Old May 10th 16, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Casey[_2_]

Default Cobra Trailer Wheels

I could not find that Cobra offers aluminum wheels as an upgrade to the steel wheels with hub caps. Is there a European safety reg or something with trailers with aluminum wheels? Seems kind of old school to have steel wheels with hub caps with a nice trailer that cost so much.

Does anyone know if the bolt pattern is unique and if there is a aluminum wheel as a good replacement?

Reason I ask is I looked at a few trailers at a dealer and forgot to ask him about the wheels but I looked on the Cobra web site and they have no mention of aluminum wheels.

Wonder how many people actually use the old school hub caps anyway? Seems like a waist to me.

Thanks
Casey
Old May 11th 16, 09:51 AM
Skypilot Skypilot is offline
Member

Hi Casey,

I am pretty sure the wheels are a PCD of 4x100mm. There are a heap of cars in the USA that have that PCD. Miata's/MX5, Vw golfs ect.

It's easy to measure see

http://www.gomog.com/allmorgan/wheeloffset.html

People will tell you that the center spigot size needs to be perfect but that's not true. As long as it fits over the bore it's fine.

I used Izuzu GM alloy wheels on my trailer which has the same axle as cobra.

Konig wheels in NY USA will cut you what ever you want.

Hope that helps

Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey[_2_] View Post