Fligth Time Calculator

Old September 16th 17, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Fligth Time Calculator

Hi,

every now and then, we all have this chore of updating the flight book and the pilot log book with these hard to calculate hours and minutes.

So several years ago, I made a web page for that. But that was even cumbersome, so now I have made an Android app for it, minimizing the number of key strokes needed.

Feel free to use it yourself.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hny.flightcalc

Johny
Old September 16th 17, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, September 16, 2017 at 9:29:18 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi,

every now and then, we all have this chore of updating the flight book and the pilot log book with these hard to calculate hours and minutes.

So several years ago, I made a web page for that. But that was even cumbersome, so now I have made an Android app for it, minimizing the number of key strokes needed.

Feel free to use it yourself.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hny.flightcalc

Johny

Post your flights to OLC. Instant total flight time and a "flight book" with totals that you can download into Excel.
J7
Old September 16th 17, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul B[_2_]

Thanks Jonny

That is very useful, good for adding up instructing time etc.

Cheers

Paul
Old September 16th 17, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Keep an eye on that Herb, I think the flight time that OLC reports is sometimes the length of time the flight recorder was on, not the flight time.
Old September 17th 17, 03:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

I has always worked for me. Post a link to a flight that was miscalculated.

Tom
Old September 17th 17, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

On Saturday, September 16, 2017 at 8:32:55 PM UTC-6, 2G wrote:
I has always worked for me. Post a link to a flight that was miscalculated.

Tom

Tony is right. The OLC flight book shows not only when the recorder is first turned on and but when it is finally turned off. Check your flight with SeeYou, you will see. All of my flights on the OLC flight book show when the logger is first powered and are at least 15 to 20 minutes longer when I am on the ground, out of the glider and starting to clean and download the flight before I turn off battery power to the logger's off.

At least that's how my OLC flight book works.

Best. Tom #711.
Old September 17th 17, 04:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JD Williams

The olc detail page has the correct flight time info, but the logbook does not. I use 3 min increments and go digital but .05. Much easier.
JD
Old September 17th 17, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

And you log flight time while you're cleaning the bugs off the wings???

Good thing the chicks andÂ* money aren't calculated based upon flight time...

Since my Air Force days, I've always logged flight time using tenths of
hours.Â* Works well enough for me (and the chicks).

--
Dan, 5J
Old September 17th 17, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike

Initially, I didn't understand what it was for. Once launched, it's quite simple and straightforward. Great tool, thanks.

BTW, I use Flugbuch/Flight Logbook from JFAndroid (Google Play Store) as my electronic logbook. Great features, clean simple screens, automatic logging and recognition (by GPS) of launch/landing airfields from its own database, cloud copy, simple printing in a table form, great filters to check your time in a specific year, model etc. The only missing thing is XC distance flown.

Old September 18th 17, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Funny Tom, OLC seems to only show the time that they count for scoring for me. IE it shows from release to landing only. I am using the Powerflarm or SN10 for logging so maybe thats why as they dint start the logger until you are moving, and stop when you stop.

CH

J.S.W Calculator--K35 Dave White Soaring 2 February 1st 11 03:15 PM
density altitude calculator and wind calculator on web site and asGoogle gadget Howie Piloting 3 August 5th 07 11:52 PM
density altitude calculator and wind calculator on web site and asGoogle gadget virtuPIC[_2_] General Aviation 0 August 4th 07 05:55 PM
Calculator Phoebus_810 Soaring 0 January 8th 05 04:36 PM
they took me back in time and the nsa or japan wired my head and now they know the idea came from me so if your back in time and wounder what happen they change tim liverance history for good. I work at rts wright industries and it a time travel trap tim liverance Military Aviation 0 August 18th 03 12:18 AM