telegraph Kerry story

Old February 15th 04, 05:10 AM
Tarver Engineering

Default telegraph Kerry story

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...portaltop.html

"'This won't go away. What happened is much nastier than is being
reported'
By Adrian Blomfeld in Nairobi and Andrew Alderson
(Filed: 15/02/2004)

Alex Polier, the twenty-four year old journalist who could end Senator
John Kerry's hopes of becoming the next president of the United States
is alleged to have had a two-year affair with the front-runner for the
Democratic nomination. Last night the rumours were in danger of
becoming a full-blown scandal.

"This is not going to go away," one American friend of Miss Polier
said yesterday. "What actually happened is much nastier than is being
reported."

The allegations come at a crucial time for the senator. Polls showed
him leading Mr Bush by 52 per cent to 42 per cent, and aides will be
anxious to see if the apparent scandal affects his standing among
voters.

Miss Polier, a former intern who also spent some time in 1998 doing
work experience at the Houses of Parliament in London, is in Kenya
staying with Yaron Schwartzman, her fiance and a member of the
country's fashionable young set. The couple have refused to make any
comment on her alleged links with Senator Kerry, who is married to
Teresa Heinz Kerry, an heiress to the food empire.

Senator Kerry, a decorated Vietnam veteran dubbed the new JFK, has
vehemently denied any relationship with Miss Polier, and shrugged off
allegations that he had a two-year affair with her from 2001. "I just
deny it categorically. It's rumour. It's untrue. Period," he said.

Mr Kerry, 60, has won 12 out of the 14 Democratic primaries and has
looked all but certain to seal the nomination to take on President
George W. Bush in November's elections.

His aides have blamed a dirty tricks campaign for bringing the
allegations about Miss Polier into the public eye; they first surfaced
last week on a Right-wing internet site, the Drudge Report, which
famously first broke the news of Bill Clinton's affair with Monica
Lewinsky.

Miss Polier's parents, Terry and Donna, from Malvern, Pennsylvania,
added fuel to the fire by claiming that Mr Kerry did pursue their
daughter.

"I think he's a sleazeball. I did wonder if she didn't get that
feeling herself," said Mr Polier. "He's not the sort of guy I'd choose
to be with my daughter.

"John Kerry called my daughter and invited her to be on his
re-election committee. She talked to him and decided against it."

The Drudge website also quoted retired Gen Wesley Clark, one of Mr
Kerry's rivals for the nomination, as having told journalists off the
record: "Kerry will implode over an intern issue."

Mr Clark later dropped out of the race and endorsed Mr Kerry.

Miss Polier, a journalist who once worked for Associated Press, is a
graduate of Columbia University, New York. She apparently met the
senator as she was beginning her media career. Miss Polier and her
fiance were believed to be hiding yesterday at the Nairobi home of Mr
Schwartzman's parents, who moved to Kenya from Israel.

She appears to have few friends of her own in Kenya: she has never
lived in the country and makes only occasional visits. "She seemed
perfectly nice, although she was a little cool," said a Schwartzman
family friend.

"She didn't seem to be very willing to open up but whether it was
because she was aloof or just shy, I couldn't work out.""

Old February 16th 04, 06:44 PM
Guy

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

[...]

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/sto...LATE=DEFA ULT

http://tinyurl.com/2qc5v

NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) -- A woman who has been the subject of rumors linking
her to Sen. John Kerry denied Monday that she ever had an affair with the
Democratic presidential candidate.

Breaking her silence four days after the allegations surfaced on the
Internet, Alexandra Polier issued a statement to The Associated Press,
saying, "I have never had a relationship with Senator Kerry, and the rumors
in the press are completely false."

Old February 16th 04, 06:46 PM
Bob's Your Uncle

"Guy" wrote in message "Tarver Engineering" wrote in message
"'This won't go away.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...300EST0543.DTL

Old February 16th 04, 06:51 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Bob's Your Uncle" wrote in message

"Guy" wrote in message "Tarver Engineering" wrote in message
"'This won't go away.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...300EST0543.DTL

It will keep until September.

Old February 27th 04, 04:13 AM
Matthew G. Saroff

"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

"Bob's Your Uncle" wrote in message

"Guy" wrote in message "Tarver Engineering" wrote in message
"'This won't go away.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...300EST0543.DTL

It will keep until September.

At which time, GW arranging an illegal abortion circa
1970 will come out.

One question...What the **** does this have to do with
military aviation?
--
--Matthew Saroff
Rules to live by:

Is Chris Thomas a Real Pilot? jls Home Built 147 September 14th 04 03:03 PM
John Kerry insults military reserves T. Nguyen Military Aviation 15 February 23rd 04 01:22 AM
General Patton on Lieutenant Kerry S. Sampson Military Aviation 156 February 22nd 04 05:05 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
PFC Lynch gets a Bronze Star? Brian Military Aviation 77 August 2nd 03 11:15 AM