A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

ASW27B prices falling



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 8th 17, 12:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 17
Default ASW27B prices falling

There are 3 nice ASW27's for sale, all at reduced prices in the Wings and Wheels website. We 3 owners are mystified at the seeming lack of interest in this ship. Two of us are no longer flying thanks to Father Time and we're throwing in lots of soaring related "goodies" with your purchase.



http://wingsandwheels.com/classifieds/?m=glider
Ads
  #2  
Old August 8th 17, 01:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 819
Default ASW27B prices falling

On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 2:00:32 PM UTC+3, wrote:
There are 3 nice ASW27's for sale, all at reduced prices in the Wings and Wheels website. We 3 owners are mystified at the seeming lack of interest in this ship. Two of us are no longer flying thanks to Father Time and we're throwing in lots of soaring related "goodies" with your purchase.



http://wingsandwheels.com/classifieds/?m=glider


$80k is sadly still out of my price range for a toy, but I hadn't realized how affordable PIK20s were now .. several of them there for around $15k-$20k. And a Jantar too. All decent aircraft.
  #3  
Old August 8th 17, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 146
Default ASW27B prices falling

On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 5:26:36 AM UTC-7, Bruce Hoult wrote:
On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 2:00:32 PM UTC+3, wrote:
There are 3 nice ASW27's for sale, all at reduced prices in the Wings and Wheels website. We 3 owners are mystified at the seeming lack of interest in this ship. Two of us are no longer flying thanks to Father Time and we're throwing in lots of soaring related "goodies" with your purchase.



http://wingsandwheels.com/classifieds/?m=glider


$80k is sadly still out of my price range for a toy, but I hadn't realized how affordable PIK20s were now .. several of them there for around $15k-$20k. And a Jantar too. All decent aircraft.


All prices of gliders been on a steady decline for several years now. The cost of a good sailplane has never been so affordable, thanks to the equal decline of the soaring interest.......
  #4  
Old August 8th 17, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 156
Default ASW27B prices falling

And yet, an ASH-31Mi-21m, just sold in one day on W&W for $240,000.00 if you please!.............are we becoming a society of haves and have nots?
I'm not comfortable owing a bird worth more than 40K...........
JJ
  #5  
Old August 8th 17, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,837
Default ASW27B prices falling

But that's only $119,785.28 in 1988 dollars! Oh... I couldn't afford it
then, either... Some folks just got a better education, worked harder,
and chose a better career path than I did, I guess.

On 8/8/2017 12:51 PM, wrote:
And yet, an ASH-31Mi-21m, just sold in one day on W&W for $240,000.00 if you please!.............are we becoming a society of haves and have nots?
I'm not comfortable owing a bird worth more than 40K...........
JJ


--
Dan, 5J
  #6  
Old August 8th 17, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 189
Default ASW27B prices falling

Some of us are just destined to have 18 year old cars and 35 year old gliders.
  #7  
Old August 8th 17, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,586
Default ASW27B prices falling

On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 3:25:05 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
But that's only $119,785.28 in 1988 dollars! Oh... I couldn't afford it
then, either... Some folks just got a better education, worked harder,
and chose a better career path than I did, I guess.


Dan, 5J

Says the guy flying the Stemme.
LOL
UH

  #8  
Old August 8th 17, 10:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 819
Default ASW27B prices falling

On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 11:58:33 PM UTC+3, wrote:
Some of us are just destined to have 18 year old cars and 35 year old gliders.


I still love my 1997 Subaru Outback (bought in 2011 with 105000 km) to bits, thank you very much.

And, yeah, a 35 year old glider could well be in my future soon. Or 40.
  #9  
Old August 8th 17, 11:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,234
Default ASW27B prices falling

On Tue, 08 Aug 2017 14:10:29 -0700, Bruce Hoult wrote:

On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 11:58:33 PM UTC+3,
wrote:
Some of us are just destined to have 18 year old cars and 35 year old
gliders.


I still love my 1997 Subaru Outback (bought in 2011 with 105000 km) to
bits, thank you very much.

And, yeah, a 35 year old glider could well be in my future soon. Or 40.


Mine is 48 this year and still a great ride: H201 with balsa wing skins
and upper + lower surface brakes.

Don't knock the old ones.


--
[email protected] | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
org |
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS ASW27B HL Falbaum Soaring 3 December 20th 06 11:51 PM
ASW27B Ray Gimmey Soaring 1 November 4th 06 03:41 AM
Gas prices falling... Jay Honeck Piloting 41 August 27th 06 10:16 AM
The sky is falling! Jim Home Built 10 April 30th 04 04:40 AM
ASW27B polar Chip Fitzpatrick Soaring 2 March 1st 04 01:48 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.