A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Home Built
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

ARC RT-359A connections

Old January 8th 14, 11:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lars
external usenet poster

Default ARC RT-359A connections

Hi guys!
We have an old ARC RT-359A transponder in our Jodel D119. It has been acting up lately and I am thinking about replacing the antenna cable. Question is, what is the connector on the transponder side? The antenna is a regular BNC and the cable is RG58/U so that is pretty standard, but I am too ignorant to identify the connector at the other side. The transponder sits in a tray with a slide-in connector that looks like maybe a C-type male connector without the outer bayonet ring.

Anyone with a clue?

Thanks!
/Lars
Old January 8th 14, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Richard[_8_]
external usenet poster

On 1/8/2014 4:04 AM, Lars wrote:
Hi guys!
We have an old ARC RT-359A transponder in our Jodel D119. It has been acting up lately and I am thinking about replacing the antenna cable. Question is, what is the connector on the transponder side? The antenna is a regular BNC and the cable is RG58/U so that is pretty standard, but I am too ignorant to identify the connector at the other side. The transponder sits in a tray with a slide-in connector that looks like maybe a C-type male connector without the outer bayonet ring.

Anyone with a clue?

Thanks!
/Lars

Don't rightly know.
But you might try:
http://www.aeroelectric.com/Installa..._459A_859A.pdf

Old January 8th 14, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lars
external usenet poster

Thanks for the tip, but no luck there. More luck in my closet, where I found a disused King KX175B, sporting no less than two similar connections. Seems this is (was?) the standard HF connector for bracket-mounted avionics. Better still, I still had the old bracket, containing two patch-cables with the mysterious connector in the bracket end and female BNC in the other. So what I am going to do now is to get a standard BNC cable with finished male connectors and use one of the patch-cables as a go-between.

I still would like to broaden my knowledge, so anyone with info on the correct designation of the connector is welcome to a hop in the Jodel, if you can make a trip to ESSL (Linkoping Sweden).

Thanks!
/Lars

On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 11:04:33 AM UTC+1, Lars wrote:
Hi guys!

Anyone with a clue?

Thanks!

/Lars

Old July 8th 14, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 4:04:33 AM UTC-6, Lars wrote:
Hi guys!

Anyone with a clue?

Thanks!

/Lars

I know this is really old news that I found while searching something else, but I sell the connectors/cables with this blind mate connector on ebay--look for seller ID dtmedin. It is a specialized connector made by TED in Kansas City, Missouri, USA. They are a bear to install, and I recommend RG-400 cable, not RG58. Just had a retired gentleman from Linkoping visiting our area!