A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Balleka videos have been deleted from YouTube

Old October 26th 17, 02:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Balleka videos have been deleted from YouTube

I was sad to notice this morning that all of Balleka's videos have been deleted from YouTube. I owe my interest in the sport to those videos. Though I'm sure the family has their reasons for wanting them gone, it feels like part of Matt's legacy has been destroyed.
Old October 26th 17, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Yes, I noticed that. It's time to carry the torch and all start making videos to promote the sport. Even if you're not a professional editor, send it in to your national organization. The Soaring Society of America is actively seeking raw GoPro footage from its members that it can use to create demographically targeted promotional videos. For more info, you can reply to this email or contact: cschraderb2g[at]gmail[dot]com

-Chris Schrader
SSA Director, Region 6
Growth & Retention Committee
Old October 26th 17, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle
external usenet poster

That's a shame. Matt had some great stuff out there, and I miss his infectious laugh as he thoroughly enjoyed his flights. It's been almost a year since his accident - is there any report on what happened?

-John, Q3

On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 9:39:12 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I was sad to notice this morning that all of Balleka's videos have been deleted from YouTube. I owe my interest in the sport to those videos. Though I'm sure the family has their reasons for wanting them gone, it feels like part of Matt's legacy has been destroyed.

Old October 26th 17, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster

Oh no, those videos were a real gift to the soaring and aviation communities Perhaps ownership/stewardship could be awarded to someone who would keep those videos available. They were obviously a labor of love for Matt and part of his legacy.

On another note, has there been a final report on Matt's very tragic accident?

On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 6:39:12 AM UTC-7, wrote:

Old October 26th 17, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult
external usenet poster

On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 4:39:12 PM UTC+3, wrote:

faaaaarrrrrk. Nooo!!

That's very sad.
Old October 26th 17, 08:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]
external usenet poster

On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 06:39:10 -0700, mmcbee wrote:

I was sad to notice this morning that all of Balleka's videos have been
deleted from YouTube. I owe my interest in the sport to those videos.
Though I'm sure the family has their reasons for wanting them gone, it
feels like part of Matt's legacy has been destroyed.

Maybe the family simply didn't realise how popular those videos are and
closed the account as part of a general tidy-up because they don't use
it?

If that's the case I hope they kept the master copies.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
org |
Old October 27th 17, 09:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Am Donnerstag, 26. Oktober 2017 15:39:12 UTC+2 schrieb :

Those videos meant so much to him - It's like his family killed him a second time by deleting his heritage :-(
Old October 27th 17, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster

On Friday, October 27, 2017 at 1:06:22 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 26. Oktober 2017 15:39:12 UTC+2 schrieb :

Those videos meant so much to him - It's like his family killed him a second time by deleting his heritage :-(

Having lost both my parents one by one in the past year, I can tell you everyone grieves differently. I think your statement is how YOU feel, perhaps his family members his family members felt this was something they needed to do as part of putting his affairs away. I hope that Matt's local gliding club could approach the family and express how much Matt's videos were enjoyed world wide, and ask permission to place back online, maybe under another name.
Old October 30th 17, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bojack J4
external usenet poster

It would be hard for any family member or close friend to hear his voice again narrating those videos...etc. I could understand needing to delete them for a while, at least.

Old October 30th 17, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster[_2_]
external usenet poster

Not deleted from the link I use:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Balleka

....I was sad to notice this morning that all of Balleka's videos have been deleted from YouTube. I owe my interest in the sport to those videos. Though I'm sure the family has their reasons for wanting them gone, it feels like part of Matt's legacy has been destroyed.