Living with Technology

Old July 24th 03, 09:47 AM
quilljar

Default Living with Technology

Following some discussion on one of these NGs about how gadget minded so
many of we Flight Sium enthusiasts are, I would like to recommend very
strongly to you all a fairly new subscription magazine called
'Living With Technology' which I have been reading. It covers all the
aspects of technology for the non techie which you could imagine, in your
own home or workplace. From installing a DVD; to solar heating your water.

For £3 UK per month, you get 63 pp with full colour illustrations. I am
delighted to pass on this information as a satisfied customer. The full
details are on the website
www.livtech.co.uk

Old July 24th 03, 12:53 PM
quilljar

"quilljar" wrote in message
Following some discussion on one of these NGs about how gadget minded so
many of we Flight Sium enthusiasts are, I would like to recommend very
strongly to you all a fairly new subscription magazine called
'Living With Technology' which I have been reading. It covers all the
aspects of technology for the non techie which you could imagine, in your
own home or workplace. From installing a DVD; to solar heating your water.

For £3 UK per month, you get 63 pp with full colour illustrations. I am
delighted to pass on this information as a satisfied customer. The full
details are on the website
www.livtech.co.uk

The Editor tells me that anyone from this NG who contacts him from the
website with his/her snail address will be sent two free issues to read and
be impressed.. good offer!

Old July 24th 03, 03:49 PM
Derek Wildstar

"quilljar" wrote in message

"quilljar" wrote in message
[...]

You realize, of course, this is spam. However well intentioned.

Old July 24th 03, 07:13 PM
quilljar

Yes I realise it is spam, but in mitigation, I claim that it is a first
offence, and that the product is relevant to the previous discussions about
the character traits of Flight Simmers. Otherwise I have to just hang my
head in shame..

Nevertheless, do have a look at the website :-)

"Derek Wildstar" wrote in message

Old July 24th 03, 08:08 PM
Neil Trotter

In article , quilljar said:

Yes I realise it is spam, but in mitigation ... [ ... snip ... ]

It doesn't sound like spam to me. Unless you are in some way affiliated
to the publisher, or stand to gain in some way from your recommendation
(in which case you are a spamming toad).

The only valid criticism which might be levelled is that said
publication sounds a little off-topic. Personally I wouldn't bitch
about it because my life's quite busy enough already.

Thanks for taking the trouble.

--
Neil Trotter, Canewdon, UK
Old July 24th 03, 09:28 PM
Derek Wildstar

"quilljar" wrote in message
Yes I realise it is spam, but in mitigation, I claim that it is a first
offence, and that the product is relevant to the previous discussions

about
the character traits of Flight Simmers. Otherwise I have to just hang my
head in shame..

Nevertheless, do have a look at the website :-)

I did, and I liked it, but will not buy, that's why I was so genteel in my
rebuttal.

Let me return the favor, you might find this of interest....

http://zzz.com.ru/index.html

A smorgasbord of off-center technology, updated weekly.

Old July 24th 03, 09:55 PM
John Ward

Hi Derek,

That's an interesting site.

One of Katy Pluta's recent posts re graphics cards contained a link to
a Russian site, and the testing/comparisons were extremely well done (well,
I thought so, anyway).

Some of those guys must really know their onions over there.

Regards,
John

Old July 24th 03, 11:43 PM
Don Parker

My rather unofficial motto is : If you can't have fun or make money, try to
avoid it!
So I hope you at least had fun..... (;-))
Cheers
Don

Old July 25th 03, 12:59 AM
Derek Wildstar

"John Ward" wrote in message
u...
Hi Derek,

That's an interesting site.

One of Katy Pluta's recent posts re graphics cards contained a link

a Russian site, and the testing/comparisons were extremely well done

(well,
I thought so, anyway).

Some of those guys must really know their onions over there.

Regards,
John

To paint with a broad brush, the Russians are somewhat unscrutable geniuses
when it comes to engineering and technology, not to mention aeronautical
engineering, they built a Space Shuttle as well, recall. However, there
aren't enough rubles in Lenin's Tomb to get me up in that death trap. Recent
sad events notwithstanding.

Perhaps it's due to the lack of wealth and need for amassing of wealth in
their culture that enables them to explore avenues of science that have
little economic merit, it explains the whiling away the hours playing chess
against super computers and writing computer virii.