My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

Old October 30th 17, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders:

Poland is a beautiful country, especially in early September. The purpose of this trip was to meet CEO Jerzy Peszke and tour the GP Gliders facility. The operation recently moved to Korczyna (2.5 miles NW of Krosno). The original airport building was too small for anticipated production.

Jerzy Peszke (Junior) comes from a glider family. Grzegorz Peszke (Dad) is a well-known aircraft designer; “particular” only starts to describe him. Meeting the two bolstered my decision to order the GP Jeta, a 15-meter self-launching electric glider with a powerful motor and ballistic rescue system. Jerzy’s grandfather, also Jerzy, was Tomasz Kawa’s instructor, father Kawa.

Flying a GP 14 Velo, Sabastian Kawa won the 2017 World Gliding Championship, in 13.5 Meter Class. And soon, the newer 15-meter Jeta prototype will be test flown. Per Sabastian's suggestions, the Jeta is undergoing some aerodynamic improvements; he is a GP Gliders Technical Consultant.

On the drive through Poland, we passed Ostrow. This will be the site of the July, 2018 WGC. GP Gliders intends to have the Jeta in that contest. My plan is to attend.

Raul Boerner
Old October 30th 17, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Wow, that is really cool! Did you take any pictures?

I'm very interested in the company's products. The self-launching system they have developed is amazing.
Old October 30th 17, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 1:28:54 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Wow, that is really cool! Did you take any pictures?

I'm very interested in the company's products. The self-launching system they have developed is amazing.

Yes, I have photos but don't know how to share them on a forum. So, I'll send you some via direct.

Raul Boerner
Old October 30th 17, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Hi Raul,

You can post your photos on some website, like Dropbox, and then copy
and paste the link in a message to the forum.

Dan

--
Dan, 5J
Old October 31st 17, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Here goes, my first forum photo post:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dbnw3xbe1...jUehPa?dl=0&m=
Old October 31st 17, 05:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 3:15:04 AM UTC+3, wrote:
Here goes, my first forum photo post:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dbnw3xbe1...jUehPa?dl=0&m=

A+ use of a spanner as a spacer.

That trailer doesn't have much ground clearance!
Old October 31st 17, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Say it ain't so...!* If I didn't have a full-time copilot I'd seriously
look into one of those.

Old October 31st 17, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

How much will they be asking for the GP 15 JETA self launcher?

WH
Old October 31st 17, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Your question: How much will they be asking for the GP 15 JETA self launcher?

My answer: I may be the wrong person to answer, but I can tell you several facts about my purchase five months ago. The base price for the JETA was 93,900 USD.

This included the standard Galaxy BRS rescue system and the 25KW Rotex electric motor with MGM COMPRO speed controller. My trailer's base price was 14,900 USD. The trailer was optional; I heard from a fellow USA customer that he chose to go Cobra.

There are many options on both the glider and the trailer. I wanted to discuss avionics with them but now understand that it is too early to choose. My guess is that by the time I get to include the options, my JETA's price will be around 130,000 USD, or more (it will be fabric seats for me instead of leather) between now and then, there will likely be many changes to the options list. For example, the factory is trying to decide which way to go with the tail wheel: fixed, retractable, and/or steerable.

And what I really like is that the Technical Consultant wants maximum speed..

On YouTube you can google GP Gliders. As a future owner, my favorite video is the one with Sebastian Kawa talking about the GP-14 just before the 2017 WGC. Recognizing that he could win, I placed the order before the contest. And, he won.

Raul Boerner
Old November 1st 17, 08:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

tiistai 31. lokakuuta 2017 2.15.04 UTC+2 kirjoitti:
Here goes, my first forum photo post:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dbnw3xbe1...jUehPa?dl=0&m=

Thanks for photos, very interesting. Why would factory/sales reps not post pictures and information like this regularly is mystery to me. Maybe they use telepathy as main selling tool.