Will the FAA be the next victim of the Government AX?

Old April 27th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

Default Will the FAA be the next victim of the Government AX?

We are one Mid-Air away folks

WASHINGTON - Hurricane Katrina turned FEMA into a "symbol of
a bumbling bureaucracy" so far beyond repair that it should
be scrapped, senators said Thursday. They called for
creation of a new disaster relief agency as the next storm
season looms on the horizon

"Bumbling bureaucracy"

That sounds so familiar just like the other Government
agency we know so well

Old April 27th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

"NOIRS" wrote in message
. ..

We are one Mid-Air away folks

WASHINGTON - Hurricane Katrina turned FEMA into a "symbol of a bumbling
bureaucracy" so far beyond repair that it should be scrapped, senators
said Thursday. They called for creation of a new disaster relief agency as
the next storm season looms on the horizon

"Bumbling bureaucracy"

That sounds so familiar just like the other Government agency we know so
well

If we have that mid-air, how many would the total then be?

Old April 27th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

Just look what the current administration did to NASA's Science
Exploration Division.

AJ

Old April 28th 06, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

Aluckyguess wrote:

Why dont they just use the military. We dont need fema. A waste of money.
Give it to the army.

Give FEMA to the Army? What would the Army do with FEMA?

Old April 28th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
Aluckyguess wrote:

Why dont they just use the military. We dont need fema. A waste of money.
Give it to the army.

Give FEMA to the Army? What would the Army do with FEMA?

After we reinstate the draft, the Army will hopefully build up fast
enough to control the civil riots that will become commonplace as the
economy folds. If there is any margin remaining, then the troops can do
natural disaster control and recovery as well.
Old April 28th 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

After we reinstate the draft, the Army will hopefully build up fast enough to control the civil riots that will become commonplace as the economy folds. If there is any margin remaining, then the troops can do natural disaster control and recovery as well.

When they're done, they can take on the drug lords, pornographers,
deadbeat dads, and jaywalkers.

Jose
--
The price of freedom is... well... freedom.
Old April 28th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
oups.com...
Give FEMA to the Army? What would the Army do with FEMA?

Don't ask, don't tell... evil-grin

Old April 28th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

Aluckyguess wrote:

Why dont they just use the military. We dont need fema. A waste of money.
Give it to the army.

Give FEMA to the Army? What would the Army do with FEMA?

Target Practice?

Dudley

Old April 28th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

Sam Spade wrote:

After we reinstate the draft, the Army will hopefully build up fast
enough to control the civil riots that will become commonplace as the
economy folds.

When the economy folds? The economy is booming.