Class III Medical

Old December 4th 05, 06:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Class III Medical

Wiz wrote:
Uhm, $140 in Washington, DC, and they got my social security number
wrong, and lost my certificate and just typed out a new one that didn't
match the number on the form on file at FAA, which I didn't find out
until just before I was supposed to take my checkride, causing me to
have to cancel, but you guys have heard this one before...

Jeez Wiz, who did you go to? I forget how much mine was, but it was
certainly under $100. In and out in a few minutes (plus time yaking to
the office person while she typed up the bill and a few minutes to say
hi to the cat).

Margy
Old December 5th 05, 05:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I charge $75 in St. Cloud MN

Do you make house calls?

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 5th 05, 07:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Doc McAuliffe wrote:
I charge $75 in St. Cloud MN

Jay H wrote:
Do you make house calls?

:-)

If he does, I'll tip him another $50.00(contingent upon my passing the
phy.). I'm in Virginia. :)

Old December 6th 05, 01:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Cub Driver" usenet AT danford DOT net wrote in message
On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 09:51:23 -0000, "Chris"
wrote:

What happened to the National Health "scheme"?

These don't come under the NHS and nor should they. Its how doctors make
"nice little earners"

Does the NHS cover a typical physical exam?

Can the same doctor treat patients under the NHS and do aero-medical
exams for a (stiff) fee?

Yes if he has also qualified as an AME.

Some doctors have a contract to work for the NHS where the treatment is free
for patients at the point of delivery and they also have private practices
where patients can pay for treatment too. As long as the doctor delivers
his NHS contract what he does with the rest of his time and life is up to
him.

Some go fishing, some do aeromedicals and my next door neighbour who is a
family doctor ie is in a General Practice has a golf handicap of 3 or 4.

The guy who fixed my shoulder a couple of years ago, has a NHS contract and
two private practices and seems to work all hours of the day. But he is good
and probably very rich.

Old December 6th 05, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 1 Dec 2005 21:04:46 -0800, "Flyingmonk" wrote:

How much did you last pay and where(what state) did get it done at?
I'm just curious as to what people are paying around the country. Much
thanks.

$93 - Houston, TX. - Yesterday, 3rd class.

Old December 7th 05, 06:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

$120 in Jackson Hole, WY. Doc has propeller outside his office and on
the wall inside. Lots of flying memorabilia in the waiting room.
Needless to say, he's a pilot.

Old December 12th 05, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Thank you everyone for responding.

Old December 14th 05, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Flyingmonk wrote:
How much did you last pay and where(what state) did get it done at?
I'm just curious as to what people are paying around the country. Much
thanks.

$80 4R7 (LA) Today... Plus $$ lab work... I think he went up, will have
to check the previous records...