USA - All students must show "papers"

Old October 14th 04, 11:35 PM
Mark James Boyd

In article ,
Tony Verhulst wrote:

I have a FAA issued pilot license and section VI says: Nationality - USA.
This is a federal agency written certification attesting to
my nationality.

When I became a US citizen, I sent the required letter of notification
to Oklahoma city. Several weeks later I received my new certificate with
"Nationality - USA" on it. At no point did I submit any documentation
proving that I was what I said I was - they simply took my word for it.
Hardly "written certification attesting to my nationality", IMHO.

Tony V.

An excellent point. I think you are likely right, and my
assertion is incorrect. I also suspect that the procedure
for validating "nationality" will change soon.
--

------------+
Mark J. Boyd
Old October 14th 04, 11:41 PM
Mark James Boyd

In article ,
Andy Durbin wrote:
(Mark James Boyd) wrote in message
Good luck to you. My best advice: join AOPA, I don't think they have
any citizenship requirements and if it weren't for them,
general aviation would be nothing but a secret club working on better
anti-radar aircraft materials...

Been an AOPA member since 1989 and getting an early flight review
before Oct 20 is being seriously considered.

I may be able to keep flying myself but I won't be giving any more
instruction. No more "wings" hours for a beer, no more flight reviews
for friends and aircraft partners, no more tail wheel instruction
because it's fun. Why would an American citizen want me as an alien
to have copies of all their nationality papers. Hell, I could take
their identity, get flight training in an MD-11 (that I can already
fly, I just don't do landings) and go hit a building somewhere.

Andy

Andy,

As a US citizen I am very sorry that this will undoubtedly
negatively affect resident aliens. I and others in aviation are
sending in comments that will hopefully help.

The federal government has cut off a finger to get rid of
a blackened fingernail. Hopefully we can all contribute to
the reattachment of the digit.

Or at least we can give them
the finger...
:P
--

------------+
Mark J. Boyd
Old October 15th 04, 03:25 AM
Tom Serkowski

Actually, I DID read it. Until proven otherwise YOU
are considered to be the terrorist we're all after.
YOU must now carry 'papers' with you at all time if
you'd like to take a spur of the moment training flight.
As a CFI, you must keep a record of all the papers
you've examined for 5 years. You must pay to take
security training. You can't take anyone for just
a ride lest it be construed as training without checking
their papers.-TomAt 03:36 09 October 2004, Bernie Lewis wrote:It appears that many of you have not read the new rules.
As a CFI, ifthe worst that I have to do is check someones birth
certificate, Iexpect I can live with that. If it keeps ONE rag head
from trying toblow something up with an aircraft....It will be worth
it. I alsosuspect that many of those who say it infringes on
their civilliberties would be the first to ask why more wasn't
done to gaurdagainst suicide pilots, should something happen in
the future with alight airplane.Bernie VR

Tom Serkowski
ASH-26E

Old October 15th 04, 08:45 AM
Bert Willing

Where did you get that nonsense from ?!

--
Bert Willing

ASW20 "TW"

"Mark James Boyd" a écrit dans le message de news:
416efeca$1@darkstar...
In article ,

Methinks we are heading towards a situation like Europe,
where as a citizen I must have a passport on me at all times to
be in my own country...it's a shame that the presumption may become
that one does NOT belong here...

Old October 17th 04, 04:43 PM

On 16 Oct 2004 03:50:10 GMT, Tom Serkowski
wrote:

You can't take anyone for just
a ride lest it be construed as training without checking
their papers.-

Finding myself in a financial position that would allow me to at least
reach the level of having a license in my pocket, maybe not more, but
at least that much, then finding that there are more legal hoops to
jump through, I begin to wonder if it would be worth the effort.
Maybe someday our lawmakers will demonstrate that their collective IQ
is above the single digits, but I have my doubts.
Old October 17th 04, 05:26 PM
Vaughn

wrote:

Maybe someday our lawmakers will demonstrate that their collective IQ
is above the single digits, but I have my doubts.

Before that can happen, our voters will have to do the same.

Vaughn

Old October 17th 04, 05:51 PM
Jack

Nobody wrote:

...finding that there are more legal hoops to
jump through, I begin to wonder if it would be worth the effort.

There will always be excuses not to: just do it.

Jack
Old October 18th 04, 02:38 AM

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 16:51:09 GMT, Jack wrote:

Nobody wrote:

...finding that there are more legal hoops to
jump through, I begin to wonder if it would be worth the effort.

There will always be excuses not to: just do it.

Added to all the other hoops I have to jump through just to get out of
the house for an hour, adding another may just be the one that I can't
get over. It's somewhat ironic, for at least three years, I haven't
had the money, now I have the money, but I'm tied to the house unless
my daughter is in a hospital.

Lennie

Old October 18th 04, 03:38 AM
Jack

Lennie wrote:

Added to all the other hoops I have to jump through just to get out of
the house for an hour, adding another may just be the one that I can't
get over. It's somewhat ironic, for at least three years, I haven't
had the money, now I have the money, but I'm tied to the house unless
my daughter is in a hospital.

I'm sorry to hear that your daughter has such challenges Lennie, and I
applaud your dedication to her best interests.

This TSA thing will be made more rational before long, and I hope you'll
hold on to your hope of soaring. Your day will come.

Jack