Hobbs Day 1 7-04 # 711 reporting

Old July 5th 04, 05:10 AM
TomnKeyLargo

Default Hobbs Day 1 7-04 # 711 reporting

Pilots meeting at 10 am went well. Grid time is 12 noon with pilots meeting at
12:15 at front of grid. Tasks...Standard is a MAT with a 2 hr min. of 150
miles. Turnpoints are Plains, Brownfield, Seminole. # 927 wins the day at a
speed of 77 mph. 15 Meter is a MAT with a 2 hr min of 190 miles with turnpoints
at Crossroads, Brownfield, Seminole. # 711 wins the day at 82 mph. Sports is a
TAT of 1.5 hrs min of 125 miles with turnpoints at Lovington, Plains and
Seminole, Turnpoint radius is 10 miles for the turnpoints. 2BK wins the day at
a speed of 78 mph. The Standards and 15 meters had a big problem and that was a
giant thunderstorrn over Brownfield. Some were able to get into the turn,
others came home early and then we had several landouts who didn;t make it.
This was a dry airmass, so the storm was a surprize to all, as it blew up very
quickly, Some reported closs final glides from Seminole, several had rolling
finishes. Tonight we had a BBQ and just finshed watching the fireworks display
that Hobbs is famous for. Charlie Spratt is not here for this contest. So I
will try and keep you updated the best I can. Thermal tight, Soar high, Fly
safe. # 711 reporting.
Old July 5th 04, 03:45 PM
BGMIFF

Tom

Looks like you will have to keep us up to date, as it is Monday and not even
a score sheet has been posted. Maybe someone besides Charlie should have
been rudely and arrogantly kicked out of Hobbs, and given the BIG BOOT I
might ad!! But I can assure you that Charlie would not lie about what is
going on, and some people there are lying through there teeth about why
Spratt is not there!!

Brian

Old July 6th 04, 03:47 AM
F.L. Whiteley

You'd think walking across the airfield wouldn't be too much of a challenge.

Maybe the office is closed today though.

Frank

Old July 6th 04, 08:19 PM
F.L. Whiteley

day 01 posted at SSA website