For Sale ASW-27

Old July 1st 04, 10:14 PM
Paul M. Cordell

Default For Sale ASW-27

SN#31 1997 430 hours Wings Reprofiled. 2 sets of Winglets. Licensed
Standard Category. Ready to Race . SN-10B, Garmin, Winter, Dittel FSG
71M, Cambridge GPS-NAV Model 20, EDS Oxygen , ASW-28 panel for added leg
clearance, 2 Batteries and Charger, Tail Ballast, Tinted Canopy,
Fiberglass top Cobra Trailer with 17 wheels. Always stored inside. Full
Ground Handling equipment. $80,000 US

Scottsdale Arizona USA

Contact Paul Cordell 480-419-9390

Photos Available @
http://www.asa-soaring.org/aco/pc.asp

Old July 2nd 04, 12:52 AM
Shawn Curry

Paul M. Cordell wrote:

SN#31 1997 430 hours Wings Reprofiled. 2 sets of Winglets. Licensed
Standard Category. Ready to Race . SN-10B, Garmin, Winter, Dittel FSG
71M, Cambridge GPS-NAV Model 20, EDS Oxygen , ASW-28 panel for added leg
clearance, 2 Batteries and Charger, Tail Ballast, Tinted Canopy,
Fiberglass top Cobra Trailer with 17 wheels. Always stored inside. Full
Ground Handling equipment. $80,000 US

17 Wheels? Just couldn't be like everyone else and get an 18 wheeler? ;-)
Seriously, what does this mean?

Shawn
Old July 2nd 04, 01:12 AM
Brian Iten

He has 17 inch wheels on the trailer instead of what
I think is standard at 15 inch. Any noticable difference
with the larger wheels?????
Brian

Old July 2nd 04, 01:59 AM
Paul M. Cordell

When it was time to replace the 14 inch tires, I decided to try to
address some of the scary towing issues. The original 3.5X14 inch tires
had very tall sidewalls with very little lateral stability. Any side
loads would cause alot of swaying of the trailer.

In researching my options, I discovered that my particular Cobra trailer
had the same bolt pattern as an early Honda Civic. It was just as
cost effective to consider aftermarket wheels and tires. I found a
local aftermarket shop that had a huge selection of wheels and tires.
I took the trailer to their shop and was able to try on a couple of
different combos. Ultimately, I ended up with a 17X7 inch wheel that
effectively doubled the lateral contact patch and reduced the sidewall
height by more than half.

It is the most stable trailer I have ever towed. Last weeks trip to
Parowan featured a 20+ mph 90 degree crosswind. The trailer never
swayed!!

The Ad for the '27 and Photos of the Wheels can be found @
http://www.asa-soaring.org/aco/pc.asp

Old July 2nd 04, 02:13 AM
Greg Arnold

Paul M. Cordell wrote:
[...]

Better watch out, or some kid with an early Honda Civic is going to
steal your wheels!

What type of vehicle are you towing with?
Old July 2nd 04, 04:35 PM
JuanM

What tires did you put on?

Old July 2nd 04, 06:15 PM
Paul M. Cordell

The new tires were move up from 165/80/13 to Essen 205/40/17's

Old July 6th 04, 06:37 PM
Chris OCallaghan

Paul,

Nice pictures of your glider. Ummm, a question. You have a shot of the
panel in flight (21.4 miles from Flagstaff). Where are your legs?

Old July 6th 04, 08:49 PM
Paul M. Cordell

Chris, thanks for the compliments on the Photos. You may also note
that the SN-10B shows a 8.6 Kt average climb going thru 16.7 K feet.
On that Day, Flagstaff was the Goal. Given it was ~115 degrees on the
ground at Turf Soaring, I was giving Dawn an opportunity to "practice"
Towing and visit a much cooler place. I loitered around the area
until she arrived and within 30 minutes of landing, we were enjoying
our first Martini with good friends. It was a Great Day!!

Sales ad and Photos can be viewed http://www.asa-soaring.org/aco/pc.asp

Old July 6th 04, 08:53 PM
Paul M. Cordell

"Where are my Legs?" They are barely visible @ the bottom of the
photo. I have a '28 small panel that allows me to pull my legs up
and put my feet flat on the floor. It's a really nice feature to be
able to stretch on long flights.