1-35 Canopy

Old April 27th 08, 06:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 1-35 Canopy

An evil gust of wind totalled a Canopy for one of the LVVSA member's
1-35 today. Initial searches for a source for a new one didn't yield
good news. Any help would be appreciated.
TIA
Old April 27th 08, 06:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_8_]

On Apr 26, 11:29 pm, wrote:
An evil gust of wind totalled a Canopy for one of the LVVSA member's
1-35 today. Initial searches for a source for a new one didn't yield
good news. Any help would be appreciated.
TIA

SAC used Mecaplex as the source of the 1-35 canopy-I think.
Old April 27th 08, 01:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

I have used canopies made here in the US for years, good quality at a
good price without the shipping cost from Europe. Check with Ray
Poquette at (530) 272-2556 Near
Sacramento, CA
JJ

Old April 27th 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

Mike,

Iris Striedieck makes excellent canopy covers. The 1-35 is on her pattern
list. (http://www.ridgesewing.com/}

Wayne
HP-14 "Six Foxtrot"
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/Tr...nopy_Cover.jpg

Old April 27th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Apr 26, 11:29 pm, wrote:
An evil gust of wind totalled a Canopy for one of the LVVSA member's
1-35 today. Initial searches for a source for a new one didn't yield
good news. Any help would be appreciated.
TIA

You might try www.toddscanopies.com if you can't find an original or
molded copy. He's done a few gliders and claims to be able to do most
if you provide the canopy frame.

Frank Whiteley
Old April 28th 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 27, 8:09*am, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Apr 26, 11:29 pm, wrote:

An evil gust of wind totalled a Canopy for one of the LVVSA member's
1-35 today. *Initial searches for a source for a new one didn't yield
good news. *Any help would be appreciated.
TIA

You might trywww.toddscanopies.comif you can't find an original or
molded copy. *He's done a few gliders and claims to be able to do most
if you provide the canopy frame.

Frank Whiteley

I contacted Todd, and he can likely make a new canopy. In my search,
I ran across a 1-35 page, and several references to Thermo Tec having
made 1-35 canopies in the past. I think another club member already
contacted Thermo Tec and got a negative from them. Drat!
Old April 28th 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 26, 11:29 pm, wrote:

An evil gust of wind totalled a Canopy for one of the LVVSA member's
1-35 today. *Initial searches for a source for a new one didn't yield
good news. *Any help would be appreciated.
TIA

You might trywww.toddscanopies.comif you can't find an original or
molded copy. *He's done a few gliders and claims to be able to do most
if you provide the canopy frame.

Frank Whiteley

Update: I found a 1-35 page, and there were a few references to Ray P.
(Thermotec) making them, but I think another club member already
talked to them and they said they don't make one. Hmmmm. I've also
talked to Todd, and so far that looks like the most promising lead.
Old April 29th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_8_]

On Apr 26, 11:29 pm, wrote:

An evil gust of wind totalled a Canopy for one of the LVVSA member's
1-35 today. Initial searches for a source for a new one didn't yield
good news. Any help would be appreciated.
TIA

You might trywww.toddscanopies.comifyou can't find an original or
molded copy. He's done a few gliders and claims to be able to do most
if you provide the canopy frame.

Frank Whiteley

Update: I found a 1-35 page, and there were a few references to Ray P.
(Thermotec) making them, but I think another club member already
talked to them and they said they don't make one. Hmmmm. I've also
talked to Todd, and so far that looks like the most promising lead.

Try Les Schweizer 6074081416. Maybe he can help.

Need 1-26E Canopy USA [email protected] Soaring 2 March 5th 08 12:23 AM
LS-1C canopy mod Brad Soaring 4 September 14th 05 04:14 PM
Canopy Yosimite Sam Home Built 4 November 21st 04 12:35 AM
K8 Canopy Jack Wyman Soaring 0 June 9th 04 08:36 PM
SGS 2-32 canopy? Gary Boggs Soaring 0 January 6th 04 11:21 PM