Israel pays the price for buying only Boeing (and not Airbus)

Old July 3rd 03, 03:08 PM
Kevin Brooks

Binyamin Dissen wrote in message . ..
On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 20:50:00 -0400 Peter Kemp
wrote:

:On 2 Jul 2003 17:45:33 -0700, (Quant) wrote:

(Kevin Brooks) wrote in message . com...

: Yep. We give the Israelis beaucoup bucks, and they turn around and
: sell their most advanced military products to the PRC while
: simultaneously engaging in espionage activities here in the US. One
: hell of a two way street you got there.

:1. The money America "give" is subsidizing the American industries and
:hurting the Israeli industries.

:Ten why does Israel accept it? Is the government really that stupid?

It allows the Israeli government to defer hard choices.

And, yes, it is stupid.

:Or are they grateful for the aid in filling a big hole in their
:budget?

Some are.

Some aren't, because making the hard choice would be much more beneficial in
the long term and thus accepting the money ends up hurting.

:2. Despite the fact that the American industries are heavily
:subsidized they can't compete against the Israeli industries in price
:and in many cases in quality.

:And yet the Israel products repeatedly lose out to US products that
:are "inferior" and "more expensive".

False.

Of course you can attempt to prove me wrong by supplying examples, but
supplying proof is rarely the interest of the typical Holocaust denier.

How ripe (and unfortunately, to be expected). Anytime someone is
critical of Israeli policies, or dares to differ with an
Israeli/Pro-Israeli, the old "racist/Holocaust denier" card is whipped
out. I mean, how DARE someone have the temerity to disagree with
Israeli policy--obvious evidence in that of a deep-seated
racial/religious prejudice.

Is it just me, or is there a serious logical disconnect in that
reasoning path?

Brooks
Old July 3rd 03, 03:16 PM
Kevin Brooks

Peter Kemp wrote in message . ..
On 3 Jul 2003 02:20:30 -0700, (Quant) wrote:

Peter Kemp wrote in message . ..
On 2 Jul 2003 17:45:33 -0700,
(Quant) wrote:
2. Despite the fact that the American industries are heavily
subsidized they can't compete against the Israeli industries in price
and in many cases in quality.

And yet the Israel products repeatedly lose out to US products that
are "inferior" and "more expensive". Again, is Israel really that
stupid or are you missing something.

You're wrong. America lost big contract to Israel in India.

Errr...say what? We only recently started selling the more benign
military products to India again after a few years of embargoing
military exports to them (unlike israel, we sometimes try to apply
*some* degree of moralistic control to our sales programs).

America is
losing big contracts in Europe (UAV's, Spike Anti Tank missilis
instead of the American Javelin for example), South America (Pyhton on
behalf of AIM-9 for example),

"Big contracts"? Yeah, sure...

Turkey (Sabra tanks instead of Abrams
tanks),

LOL! Let's wait and see if *any* tanks are procured--and BTW, aren't
those just M60A1 mods? Which is a US tank, right?

South Korea,

Yeah, there was a lot of competition from israel for the F-15K
contract, not to mention the recent Mk 41 VLS selection by the
ROKN...not.

Taiwan,

Taiwan being that country that is pursuing additional US weapons
deliveries as fast as they can get approval, right?

Eastern Europe. Israel is also leading in
the market of upgrading soviet era systems using advanced technology
etc.

Wow, now *that* is gonna define a true market leader, right? Can't
build much yourselves, but golly you are good at piling onto everybody
elses efforts...

Brooks

Sorry, wasn't clear, I was referring to contracts within Israel.
Things like the M-16 having displaced the damn good Galil simply
because the M-16 could be paid for out of the aid (or so it appeared
to this humble Brit).

But since we seem to agree that the aid doesn't help Israel, we can
leave it there.

Old July 3rd 03, 03:28 PM
Kevin Brooks

(JGB) wrote in message . com...
(Kevin Brooks) wrote in message

The MAIN reason why Israel
gets $3B in aid annually is so that US defense contactors can sell Egypt,
Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Jordan $5 billion in arms annually without
opposition from AIPAC, or increased Israel arms sales to China and other
states we'd rather they not sell their own advanced technologies to.
It IS quid pro quo, and not just based on sentiments.

Come now. We were providing extensive monetary aid to Israel before we
started selling major/modern arms to the neighboring Arabs.

Israel did get mostly civilian aid to help Israel integrate millions
of Jewish immigrants, but it was relatively little compared to the
aid that began to flow after the Six Day War when Israel proved its
capability of standing up to the SOviet Union, and Johnson saw Israel
as a potential asset. The US arms embargo to BOTH sides then was
effectively
jettisoned, allowing for the US to become the major armorer of both
sides
in the conflict.

Sorry, but we did not engage in major sales to Arab nations until the
very late 70's at the earliest, and more accurately in the 80's. hich
would make your accusation that we were providing aid to Israel
*because* we want to seel weapons to Arab nations...wrong.

From what
I can recall, israel held out quite firmly for a significant aid
increase and additional one-time funds (i.e., paying for new airbases
to replace those lost when they gave up the Sinai) before they would
agree to sign the peace treaty with Egypt (Carter being oh-so-willing
to pay that tribute in return for his moment of glory).

I can understand why Israel, which had been pressured THREE TIMES

You are counting 56, when the israelis, supported by their erstwhile
Anglo-French allies, started the conflict? And 67, of which no less a
figure than Menachem Begin later stated it was time for Israelis to
face facts and accept that they went into that war with territorial
gains as their goal (though not their only goal, no doubt)?

since
1948 to repeatedly return the Sinai to Egypt, including the oil fields
that Israel had developed the last time to get US compensation, but
for the life
of me I can't understand the $2.8 B annual tribute to Egypt which
received
from Israel a much improved Sinai!

Which is less than what we provide to Israel.

Not only does Israel lost strategic
depth and costly infrastructure, but its own US aid is offset by a
similar
amount of aid to Egypt.

Nope, US aid to Egypt is *always* less than that provided to Israel;
AIPAC would have it no other way.

Can you explain to me the rationale, or how
Israel
gained in that "bargain?"

They gained substantially. Billions in US aid on an annual basis. Care
to work out what the per-capita aid amount to Israel is versus that to
Egypt? And you are aware that a goodly chunk of the US aid to Egypt
goes to non-military requirements as well?

The Egyptian army today, thanks to US
training
and arms, is far more dangerous than it ever was under SOviet
tutelage.

And is still no threat to Israel.

Brooks
Old July 3rd 03, 03:33 PM
Kevin Brooks

(Arie Kazachin) wrote in message ...
In message -
(Kevin Brooks) writes:

[snip]

points apparently did not stick with you. I am merely pointing out
that whining about your economic/military dependency upon the US and
any negative impacts can easily be rendered moot by declaring you
won't accept further US aid (like *that* will ever happen).

It started to happen gradually when Benjamin Netaniyahoo was at the
PM post: Israel started on its own a multi-year initiative to reduce the
aid sum by 100M$ per year. But he only stayed 3 years at this post -
after failing to prevent Netaniyahoo's win in 1996, in 1999 elections
the US made every effort to not let it fail again and with lots of
US-funded pro-Barak "associations" Netaniyahoo lost to the most
worthless PM I remember. Needless to say, Barak stopped the process
of gradual reduction of aid that Netaniyahoo started. In general, US
administrations from both sides prefare Israeli elections to be
won by our left (which act to increase the ammount of aid we take) than by
our right (which act to gradually decrease the ammount of aid). It almost
looks like US administrations are not interested in Israel stopping
asking for aid. Why? I had a hunch but you gave a figure few lines
below which supports my hunch:

So the US is running Israeli elections? No more so (and probably a lot
less so)than AIPAC is influencing US elections.

American defense contractors would not be too happy if that were to
happen.

Please. Take a gander at what portion of US defense exports go to
Israel; the last figures I found (covering 97-99) indicated that
Israel accounted for just over 5% of total US sales. Given that even

Only 5% of US weapons given away for free to Israel? That explains why
US administrations would prefare things to remain as they are now.

???

The F-16 alone has about 800 changes in them suggested by IAF as a result
of their operation and which worth billions to the F-16s manufacturer when
selling to other states. In a similar way, almost any US weapon in IDF has
lots of "bugs" found and reported, which translates to higher profits when
selling to other states. Also, there are other issues that salespeople
know worth a lot:

This hyperbole is unsupported. The US itself was operating the F-16,
along with NATO nations, before Israel ever put it into service.

The first A-G use of F-16 was by IAF, the destruction of the Iraqi reactor.

So?

The first A-A victory of F-16 also happened in IAF few weeks earlier.

So?

The first A-A victory of F-15 also happened in IAF.

So?

When a salesperson from General Dynamics (those old days, Lockheed today,
IIRC) competes on a fat contract against, say a salesperson from Marcell
Dassault (sp?) from one of these other 95% states, the words "our product
had been tested by Israel" worth LOTS of money. So it makes a perfect
business sense: give away 5% of weapons to Israel, which'll debug them
and most probably use them in real combat and after that use the weapon
record in IDF to rip profits from the remaining 95% of the market.

Methinks you exaggerate the the situation quite a bit.

Like another poster mentioned in this thread, nothing is given for free.

And Israel can cease accepting that aid anytime it wants--but it does,
as you have noted, not desire to, seeing itself as being benefitted by
our largesse.

Brooks
Old July 3rd 03, 06:06 PM
Quant

Binyamin Dissen wrote in message . ..
On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 06:42:39 -0400 Peter Kemp
wrote:

:On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 12:01:12 +0300, Binyamin Dissen

:wrote:

::On 2 Jul 2003 17:45:33 -0700, (Quant) wrote:

::2. Despite the fact that the American industries are heavily
::subsidized they can't compete against the Israeli industries in price
::and in many cases in quality.

::And yet the Israel products repeatedly lose out to US products that
::are "inferior" and "more expensive".

:False.

:Of course you can attempt to prove me wrong by supplying examples, but
:supplying proof is rarely the interest of the typical Holocaust denier.

:Holocaust denier? Me? I suggest you alter your medication mate, as
:I've said nothing of the sort *ever*, and I'd like to see you show one
:iota of evidence that I have supported such notions.

:As for proof, the IDF use of the M-16 vice the Galil, or the F-16 vice
:the Lavi

Have you compared the prices of each to the GOI?

In these cases the inferior product is also cheaper.

Benny,
The Galil is too heavy for the infantry but Israel continues to use it
for the armored force and other units. For the near future the IDF
also preferred the excellent M-16 M4 on the new Israeli Tavor bullpup
but the main reason was the dollaric budget of the IDF (American guns
don't cost money to Israel, its part of the military aid).
The Lavi is irrelevant today. It was buried 20 years ago when the US
tried to prevent competition to the F-16.

The bottom line is that we all agree that Israel-US relations are a
mutual relations and that it's wrong to say that the US was "doing a
favor" to Israel when it decided to give financial/military aid to
Israel and to other states in the region.
Old July 3rd 03, 06:42 PM
JGB

(JGB) wrote in message . com...
[...]

AIPAC made problems for the US defense industry that was raging to
sell
AWACs (and indeed did sell them) to Saudi Arabia (which virtually
borders
on Israel) and everything else including the kitchen sink, and
displace
Britain, France and the USSR as major arms providers to the Gulf
States
in particular. And so, to quiet Israeli and AIPAC domestic opposition,
a quiet "understanding" emerged in which while the US would sell the
Arab states surrounding Israel THREE times as much in dollar value, at
good profit, while the arms sold to Israel would be technically
cutting edge, capable of overcoming the Arab numerical advantage, and
the US would finance these sales to ISrael with low cost loans and
outright grants. And that has been the situation since the late 1970s,
more or less. That is the real
reason why there is virtually no congressional opposition to US aid to
Israel, because the arms industry subcontractors have become dispersed
into
all 50 states, and most major congressional districts, and cutting off
aid to ISrael would result also in cutting off arms sales to the Arab
states
which would wound the defense indistry which exports around $14
billion
dollars worth of goods annually, half of which goes to the ME,
including
Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Jordan and others.

From what
I can recall, israel held out quite firmly for a significant aid
increase and additional one-time funds (i.e., paying for new airbases
to replace those lost when they gave up the Sinai) before they would
agree to sign the peace treaty with Egypt (Carter being oh-so-willing
to pay that tribute in return for his moment of glory).

I can understand why Israel, which had been pressured THREE TIMES

You are counting 56, when the israelis, supported by their erstwhile
Anglo-French allies, started the conflict?

And 1949 when Israel was forced to give up parts of the Sinai it
captured
as well. But Israel did not start the conflict in 1956. Egypt was
arming
and sending Palestinian fedayeen from the Gaza Strip into the Negev
and
murdering Israelis by the score without letup from 1950 onwards. Your
assumption
assumes that arming and sending terrorists into a country to murder
civilians
is not an act of war, even when it continuously violates an Armistice
(the
1949 armistice). It's like saying the US started the war with
Afghanistan
ignoring that Al Qaeda was being assisted and shielded by the Taliban
gov't.

nd 67, of which no less a
figure than Menachem Begin later stated it was time for Israelis to
face facts and accept that they went into that war with territorial
gains as their goal (though not their only goal, no doubt)?

That is sheer LIE! Israel had NO territorial conquests in mind at all.
Try
"The History of the Middle East Wars" by J.N. Westwood for starters.
It is both a lie and totally libellous. Israel did its utmost NOT to
go
into the West Bank, but King Hussein virtually begged Israel to come
and
conquer it by his inane and insane actions! What you say is the Arab
distortion
of history not unlike "Comical ALi's" assertions that there were no
Marines
in Baghdad.

since
1948 to repeatedly return the Sinai to Egypt, including the oil fields
that Israel had developed the last time to get US compensation, but
for the life
of me I can't understand the $2.8 B annual tribute to Egypt which
received
from Israel a much improved Sinai!

Which is less than what we provide to Israel.

Not only does Israel lost strategic
depth and costly infrastructure, but its own US aid is offset by a
similar
amount of aid to Egypt.

Nope, US aid to Egypt is *always* less than that provided to Israel;
AIPAC would have it no other way.

Not by much. $2.8 vs. $3. And why should EGypt get ANY??? It was the
aggressor
in 1948 and 1967, and indirectly in 1956 with Nasser's actions of
arming
terrorists and expropriating international properties by fiat.

Can you explain to me the rationale, or how
Israel
gained in that "bargain?"

They gained substantially. Billions in US aid on an annual basis. Care
to work out what the per-capita aid amount to Israel is versus that to
Egypt?

But Egypt outnumbers its adversary Israel by 12 to 1. SO are you
saying that
they should get 12 times as much aid to bolster their numerical
superiority
over Israel as well???

And you are aware that a goodly chunk of the US aid to Egypt
goes to non-military requirements as well?

It goes to line the pockets of politicians, if that's what you mean.
But
I have no objection to the US cutting off all aid to ISrael if it
also
cuts off all aid to Egypt and all arms sales to all sides in the
Middle East.
If the US, France, UK and Russia didn't sell tens of billions of
dollars worth
of arms into the region, Israel wouldn't need a thin dime! Do you
think that
Israelis like living in M-1 tanks and Apache helicopters? If the world
wants
to solve the ME problems, let the world ban all arms and aid from the
region!

The Egyptian army today, thanks to US
training
and arms, is far more dangerous than it ever was under SOviet
tutelage.

And is still no threat to Israel.

Quite a threat. The sale of 54 Harpoon cruise missiles to Egypt,
against which
Israel has no defense, could be a very serious threat, particularly if
the
Egyptians acquired nukes. ANd there are those in the Egyptian
parliament
calling on Egyptian development of nukes. In fact, the EGyptian army
has
never been a greater threat to Israel than today. Unlike the past,
when it
was armed and trained by the Russians, it is today a real army with
F-16s,
M-1A1 tanks (which are manufactured in Egypt under license) and quite
good
US training that has been ongoing since the first Gulf War. If they
pulled another stunt as Nasser did and moved into the Sinai, ISrael
would have no
alternative to nuclear war. It is today doubtful that ISrael could
defeat
the Egyptian army in conventional battle as was the case in the past.
As
for peace treaties, they come and go. Who today remembers the Treaty
of Sedan
between Germany and France of 1870, or the armistice of 1918? What
counts
is real capabilities and not scraps of paper. Scraps of paper can be
repudiated
and torn up in an instant. Bush went after Saddam and is cracking down
in
the ME in general mainly because he knows that Israel no longer can
count
on conventional superiority to win, and that the next major war in the
ME
would have to be nuclear, with Israel forced to throw the first punch
survive. The risk of that to the oilfields and everything overshadows
any
relatively minor risks and costs to the US fighting a few limited wars
in
the ME to make sure that WMD do not proliferate any further in the
region.
Because Israel will not wait with folded arms as others plot its doom.
Old July 3rd 03, 06:48 PM
Quant

(Kevin Brooks) wrote in message . com...
Peter Kemp wrote in message . ..
On 3 Jul 2003 02:20:30 -0700,
(Quant) wrote:

Peter Kemp wrote in message . ..
On 2 Jul 2003 17:45:33 -0700,
(Quant) wrote:
2. Despite the fact that the American industries are heavily
subsidized they can't compete against the Israeli industries in price
and in many cases in quality.

And yet the Israel products repeatedly lose out to US products that
are "inferior" and "more expensive". Again, is Israel really that
stupid or are you missing something.

You're wrong. America lost big contract to Israel in India.

Errr...say what? We only recently started selling the more benign
military products to India again after a few years of embargoing
military exports to them (unlike israel, we sometimes try to apply
*some* degree of moralistic control to our sales programs).

Again you continue to spread false arguments. India is heavily
depended on Arab oil and for years embargoed Israel and acted against
it on the UN. Only in 1992 Israel and India established diplomatic
relations for the first time.

All the major Israeli military sales to India happened on the last few
years.

Despite of it, today 50% of the Indian military import is coming from
Israel.

America is
losing big contracts in Europe (UAV's, Spike Anti Tank missilis
instead of the American Javelin for example), South America (Pyhton on
behalf of AIM-9 for example),

"Big contracts"? Yeah, sure...

In Israeli terms its big contracts.

For example:
Armies using the airborne litening pod: US Air Force Reserve's and Air
National Guards for their F-16 Block 25/30/32 Fighting Falcon. Other
air forces operating the system include the US Marine Corps (AV-8B),
Israeli air Force (F-16), Spanish and Italian Navy (AV-8B) and Spanish
air force (F/A-18), German Air Force (Tornado IDS), and the Venezuela
(F-16A/B). The pods were also selected for South Africa's Grippens,
India's Mirage 2000, MiG-27 and Jaguar. The most recent inquiry for
the pods came in March, for a planned procurement of F-16s by Austria.
The pod is also fully integrated in the Eurofighter, F-5E, MiG-21 and
other types. Testing are underway to integrate the pod with Boeing
F-15I operated by the Israel Air Force.

Turkey (Sabra tanks instead of Abrams
tanks),

LOL! Let's wait and see if *any* tanks are procured--and BTW, aren't
those just M60A1 mods? Which is a US tank, right?

I'm glad you're laughing. It's important to know how to laugh after
you lost a contract.
700 million dollars are guaranteed to Israel, and if Turkey will
choose to upgrade 800 tanks, the Israeli industries will get another 2
billions.
But its upgraded M60's so you don't care about the money do you?

South Korea,

Yeah, there was a lot of competition from israel for the F-15K
contract, not to mention the recent Mk 41 VLS selection by the
ROKN...not.

Taiwan,

Taiwan being that country that is pursuing additional US weapons
deliveries as fast as they can get approval, right?

Eastern Europe. Israel is also leading in
the market of upgrading soviet era systems using advanced technology
etc.

Wow, now *that* is gonna define a true market leader, right?

Nope, Israel with an economy of one-hundredth smaller than the
American economy is not intended to be THE market leader, but we are a
major player and growing while the market is shrinking. This is
despite the fact that we are competing against heavily subsidized
American industries.

Old July 3rd 03, 07:05 PM
JGB

Lyle wrote in message . ..
On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 03:54:10 +0200, wrote:

On 1 Jul 2003 15:34:02 -0700, (Kevin Brooks)
wrote:

wrote in message . ..
On 30 Jun 2003 18:31:07 -0700,
(Kevin Brooks)
wrote:

(Quant) wrote in message . com...

American defense contractors would not be too happy if that were to
happen.

why would they be upset, we just got done with a war, and we would use
the money and that we would give them for their military to rearm
ours.

They would be upset not only because they would be denied the
GUARANTEED
$2 billion they get from the US treasury annually to build planes for
Israel, but also the loss of an additional $5 billion in profitable
arms sales annually to the Middle East ARab states in general, because
without arms sales to Israel, AIPAC and other pro-Israel lobbies would
cause a reimposition of
the ENTIRE embargo on arms sales to the region that was the law before
1961. But in addition, they would lose access to a few thousand good
Israeli
engineers that have helped upgrade US military technologies. The F-15I
was specified by the Israeli military. The Israeli designed Arrow II
theater
ABM system was designed in Israel, albeit 2/rds financed by the US. It
helped
the US circumvent the US-Soviet ABM treaty in its development, and its
technology and design also belongs to the US partner which can limit
its
sales by Israel to third parties. INdeed, Boeing will now be
manufacturing
Arrow IIs in the US. Indeed, the US and Israeli defense industries
have become
so intertwined at the design level that it is increasingly difficult
to know
where one begins and the other lets off.
Old July 3rd 03, 08:58 PM
Richard Conway

"Anthony" wrote in message ...
France has been an enemy of Israel since the 1970s when the French
government sold Israel to the Arabs for a few litres of oil (paid good
(Mirages, ships, etc.) not delivered, orders suddenly cancelled, etc.).
Israel discovered decades ago that Europeans cannot be trusted, and the US
can (or at least is more trustworthy than Europe) so they deal with the US
not Europe.

Ever hear the story where Israel relabelled Brazilian (?) oranges and goods
produced in the illegally occupied territories as Israeli produce in order
to defraud Europe?

Don't understand? What do you mean Brazilian? Defraud Europe with
what? This produce was produced using Palestinian arab labour they get
paid for it, what is Europe's response (largely due to arab and
"liberal" lobbying) boycott the products which also feed Palestinian
arabs. If anything Europe lacks common-sense.

There is a group of people who cannot be trusted, and it isn't the
Europeans.

We're still waiting for a full audit of every penny of the $2.5 bn
that was given to the Palestinians during Oslo. The audit has
conveniently not appeared. What is absolutely guarenteed though is
that the European parliament under the auspices of Chris Patten funded
incitement in the Palestinian education system and paid for large
shipments in arms which end up as shrapnel or empty shell casings in
Israeli towns.
Old July 3rd 03, 10:55 PM
Arie Kazachin

In message -
(Kevin Brooks) writes:

[snip]

So the US is running Israeli elections? No more so (and probably a lot
less so)than AIPAC is influencing US elections.

In 1992 Israel was swamped by a wave
of new comers from the former USSR (10% of population in few short years)
and was asking for a loan guaranties from US. At the same period there was
a demand from US to start "advancing" in the so-called "peace process"
(as usuall, the "advance" is in the direction of the sea). Israely right
headed by Shamir was opposing US demand while Israely left headed by
Rabin was supporting it. So, shortly before the 1992 elections, the US
secretary of the state Jim Baker said: "Israeli voters should choose:
either they vote for Shamir or for the loan guaranties".
If that isn't "an offer we can't refuse" I don't know what it is.

But let's return to aircrafts:

The F-16 alone has about 800 changes in them suggested by IAF as a result
of their operation and which worth billions to the F-16s manufacturer when
selling to other states. In a similar way, almost any US weapon in IDF has
lots of "bugs" found and reported, which translates to higher profits when
selling to other states. Also, there are other issues that salespeople
know worth a lot:

This hyperbole is unsupported. The US itself was operating the F-16,
along with NATO nations, before Israel ever put it into service.

Imagine two aircraft salespersons attempting to make a fat deal
with a representative of some country. Salesperson A claims:

"For the last few years our aircrafts had been patroling
the airspace, practicing on firing ranges and in mock A-A engagements, etc".

Salesperson B claims:

"For the last few years our aircrafts attacked Iraqi reactor at range
slightly longer than the manufacturer stated and they also participated in
real A-A engagements and went out victorious at all times".

With all other factors being equal, I'm sure you'll agree that
salesperson B will make the sale because to the customer, real
combat experience is much more important that peace time operation.
And not only the customer knows that, the manufacturer knows too.
And it might make business sense to give away product to 5% of the market
it it can help get publicity and get higher profits from the remaining 95%
of the market.

************************************************** ****************************
* Arie Kazachin, Israel, e-mail:
*
************************************************** ****************************
NOTE: before replying, leave only letters in my domain-name. Sorry, SPAM trap.
___
.__/ |
| O /
_/ /