Question for the group

Old July 2nd 07, 04:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim[_2_]

Default Question for the group

Sooooo . . . I posted some pics from the Phoenix-Goodyear airshow of 2006 --
which came through o.k. At the same time I posted some pics from the Luke
AFB Air Park and I haven't seen them come through. 48 hours should be long
enough for my ISP to get them out.

Any idea what's up with that except my Outlook Express (I expect yucks from
some of you about that) and my ISP?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0001.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	13603

Old July 2nd 07, 05:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Terry M wrote:
I got them on my end....

There's a cream for that now ...

....but seriously folks, I saw them here too.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old July 2nd 07, 08:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Jim" wrote in
:

Sooooo . . . I posted some pics from the Phoenix-Goodyear airshow of
2006 -- which came through o.k. At the same time I posted some pics
from the Luke AFB Air Park and I haven't seen them come through. 48
hours should be long enough for my ISP to get them out.

Any idea what's up with that except my Outlook Express (I expect yucks
from some of you about that) and my ISP?

All came through nicely here via Easynews. Good stuff!

Bob ^,,^
Old July 2nd 07, 09:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
®i©ardo

Jim wrote:
Sooooo . . . I posted some pics from the Phoenix-Goodyear airshow of 2006 --
which came through o.k. At the same time I posted some pics from the Luke
AFB Air Park and I haven't seen them come through. 48 hours should be long
enough for my ISP to get them out.

Any idea what's up with that except my Outlook Express (I expect yucks from
some of you about that) and my ISP?

Yes, I saw them all and posted my thanks for your having shared the Luke
AFB ones, although the others were good as well!

--
Moving things in still pictures!
Old July 2nd 07, 09:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 21:27:21 -0600, the learned "Jim"
cast a Level 65 wizard spell and wrote:

Sooooo . . . I posted some pics from the Phoenix-Goodyear airshow of 2006 --
which came through o.k. At the same time I posted some pics from the Luke
AFB Air Park and I haven't seen them come through. 48 hours should be long
enough for my ISP to get them out.

Any idea what's up with that except my Outlook Express (I expect yucks from
some of you about that) and my ISP?

It's probably whoever your ISP uses for Usenet content.

Some ISP's subscribe to a decent Usenet feed such as Supernews,
Easynews etc. it's a decent value add for some of their customers and
stops them having to have a private Usenet subscription.

However, even those who do that don't allocate a lot of space on their
storage system to hold posts for long. Therefore in some groups they
may end up dumping some stuff if there was a lot of action in a short
period [i.e. why flooding a group with enormous numbers of pictures in
a short time can be a problem for some here and doesn't affect
others].

Other ISP's just basically don't give jack about Usenet so any
reasonable post has only a reasonable chance of making it. Anything
above X lines size and it'll probably be incomplete or just not make
it at all.

OR - it was just "one of those things" :-)