Presidents What Has Been Shot At

Old February 18th 04, 05:40 AM
Fred J. McCall

"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

:
:"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
.. .
: "Tarver Engineering" wrote:
:
: :
: :"John R Weiss" wrote in message
: :news:ZHsYb.331816$I06.3436307@attbi_s01...
: : "Tarver Engineering" wrote...
: :
: : When is the CinC not Military?
: :
: : If "CinC" means "Commander in Chief", then when he's the President of
:the United
: : States.
: :
: : If you mean something else in context, please define CinC.
: :
: :I am refering to the Constitutional authority delegated to the President.
:
: Which does not make him 'military' any more than the Secretary of
: Defense is 'military' or the Secretary of the Navy is 'a sailor'.
:
:The DoD is delegated Congressional authority and extra Constitutional in
:nature.

False.

Old February 18th 04, 05:41 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
news
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

:
:"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
.. .
: "Tarver Engineering" wrote:
:
: :
[...]

Show me the DoD in the constitution.

Old February 18th 04, 05:54 AM
B2431

From: "Tarver Engineering"

snip

The DoD is delegated Congressional authority and extra Constitutional in
nature.

Congress only holds the purse strings. DOD is an Executive Branch function.
They work for the president, not congress.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old February 18th 04, 06:27 AM
Fred J. McCall

"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

:"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
:news : "Tarver Engineering" wrote:
:
: :
: :"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
: .. .
: : "Tarver Engineering" wrote:
: :
: : :
[...]

Show me Tarver in the Constitution. That's doesn't make you "extra
Constitutional in nature".

See Article II, Section 2.

Old February 18th 04, 07:57 AM
Dave Kearton

Ken Adams" wrote in message
| A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away,
| Michael P. Reed opposed the empire by writing:
| Bob McKellar wrote in message
| Compiling the list just for fun.
|

| [snip]
|
| A couple of those were inherited, but for the most part, I think it
| depends upon events of the moment more than actual prior service (or
| having "seen the elephant").
|

| I'd like to see a list like this for Stuarts, Tudors, Windsors, et.
| al.
|

| --
| Ken

The list is even more impressive for Popes. This is waaaaay off
topic, but the number of Popes who expired to unnatural causes is
bizarre - some of them - around 10 - were even killed by their mistresses
(although the actual method is unclear)

Cheers

Dave Kearton

"

Old February 18th 04, 03:20 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

:"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
:news : "Tarver Engineering" wrote:
:
: :
: :"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
: .. .
: : "Tarver Engineering" wrote:
: :
: : :
[...]

Article II Section 2 proves my contention, but has zero to do with what you
wrote, Fred.