"N444WD-0001.jpg" yEnc (1/1)

Old July 1st 08, 10:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Auld Phart

Default Why the yEnc?

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 17:06:40 -0400, "Morgans" wrote:

"Eric" wrote

Oh no, here goes another 3 months of whiny narrow minded ****
ants...bemoaning the evils of yenc.

Come up with a solution that does not involve switching newsreaders, or
screwing up the one I use.

Until you can do that, I'll take a little cheese and crackers with my wine,
please! g

I hope that anything you post will be in huge bmp format!

I use an ancient out of date image viewer that will only display bmp files and I
DEMAND that all images be posted in that format :-)

You want to use a crap out of date pseudo newsreader, I want to use a crap out
of date image viewer.

Old July 1st 08, 10:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
ADM44

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 19:59:01 -0400, "Morgans" wrote:

"Robert Moore" wrote in message
.15.205...
"Morgans" wrote
What are the percentages on how many people use OE as their
newsreader, versus all the rest combined? OE 80% vs. the rest?

Jim, why would ANY computer savy person even think about using OE
as a news reader? Give Xnews a try...you'll never go back to OE.

Why not? I LIKE it. It does EVERYTHING I want done, and easily. I've
been using it for more than ten years.

Well then, stop bitching about the things that it doesn't do!

If you want to use a crap pseudo newsreader, why bitch about people who want to
use a more efficient modern one?

I don't feel like learning a new program, besides. Sometime that I find the
motivation to learn something new, I might try it.

I guarantee the motivation will not be "so I can see yEnc pictures on
newsgroups."

So shut up complaining and just ignore the things that are beyond your or your
software's capability.

Old July 1st 08, 10:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
ADM44

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 19:21:12 -0400, "Woody" wrote:

I won't see his pictures. All yenc posters go directly to the kill file....

I am sure they will all be devastated to know that.

"Oh my, Woody will not see my pictures. World will end tomorrow"

Old July 1st 08, 12:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
jc[_4_]

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 15:44:17 -0400, "Morgans" wrote:

Ron, why all of the yEnc?

Have you not noticed that nobody ever uses that format, in this group?

It sure would be more to polite of you, to use what is considered standard
in a group.

Plus, most will not take the time to pull up your pictures.

Posters choice. Always.

If you don't/can't/won't decode it, don't download it. Simple as that.
Cheers,
jc
Old July 1st 08, 04:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clem

"G Paleologopoulos" wrote in

"Clem" wrote
. 97.136...

.................................................. .......................

It's a free world and your entitled to decode what you please, but I
have to say there have been some excellent shots in yEnc you are
missing.

May I rephrase that a bit:
Photographers, shame about the excellent shots you appear to be posting
but which 98% of your intended viewers will not ever see. Plonk.

Your way of thinking reminds me of a man standing in
a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.

Based on the replies I have read here, let me leave
you with this bit of advise . . .

When your up to your nose in sh*t don't open your mouth!
Old July 1st 08, 05:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wayne Paul

No matter how "superior" the yEric format, the majority of the user group
shouldn't be expected to install additional software to view a few pictures.
It's simple, if a person wants the majority of the people to see their
pictures ... don't post them in yEnc format.

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

. 97.136...

Old July 1st 08, 11:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

Auld Phart wrote in
:

wrote:

"Eric" wrote

Oh no, here goes another 3 months of whiny narrow minded ****
ants...bemoaning the evils of yenc.

Come up with a solution that does not involve switching newsreaders,
or
screwing up the one I use.

Until you can do that, I'll take a little cheese and crackers with my
wine, please! g

I hope that anything you post will be in huge bmp format!

I use an ancient out of date image viewer that will only display bmp
files and I DEMAND that all images be posted in that format :-)

In no more than 16 colors, and they'd better be dithered! ;^)

Old July 2nd 08, 12:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
[email protected] troy24@gmail.com is offline
Banned

Well put jc

regards

troy

Old July 2nd 08, 02:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clem

"Wayne Paul" wrote in
m:

No matter how "superior" the yEric format, the majority of the user
group shouldn't be expected to install additional software to view a few
pictures. It's simple, if a person wants the majority of the people to
see their pictures ... don't post them in yEnc format.

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

Wayne,

Not liking one mans politics is ok, but blowing this out of proportion will
turn this into a blood-sport.

When I say yEnc saves time, how does that translate to being superior
software? Who is forcing the "majority" as you put it to install additional
software? Your not being forced into anything. If a different transfer
method bugs you, don't use it. The picture is still a GIF, JPG, whatever.

Remember when we used Z-Modem and X-Modem to transfer? Let's go back to
basics and only use ascii.

I see people using PGP. Does anyone whimper about that? Of course not!

The only reason I have ever heard for not using yEnc is because some people
are content to use older software. That's wonderful. Use it and be happy
but quit whinning when I an others prefer using a time-saving tool.

If you feel that beating your chest and plonking people are the only way to
eliminate the pain and suffering you feel for not being able to decode what
you COULD decode then have at it. Do I loose S&H greenstamps or something
for being plonked? Plonk me daily, I do not care.

You seem to forget this is not a private moderated newsgroup where there
are rules and such. It's an open public newsgroup shared by hundreds
perhaps thousands of newsgroup providers around the world.

Old July 2nd 08, 05:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wayne Paul

"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...
"Wayne Paul" wrote in
m:

[...]

WOW ....What in the world was so fanatical about what I said that it spawned
that. I guess I should have kept my mouth shut. I will do so in the
future.

Honestly, I really don't know what participate such a strong response. Do
you write yEnc software or something? If so, no offense was intended.

I fly old gliders, run old tube based ham radio equipment, still use use an
old Compaq Aero 1500 PDA and use a first generation digital camera. I am
getting the place in my life-cycle where many classify me as old. So no one
should be surprised that my PC software isn't new.

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/