Water bag cleaning

Old April 15th 14, 04:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Water bag cleaning

In the process of overhauling my dump valves this winter I noticed some brownish deposits in the bags. Nothing too bad or worth pulling the bags but I was wondering if I should add something to the water to keep the bags clean. I have heard of fabric softener but I assume this is mostly for preventing hard water deposits. Any ideas? The water at my gliderport is well water but this stuff does not look like sediment.
Old April 15th 14, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Ballantyne[_3_]

At 03:13 15 April 2014, K wrote:
In the process of overhauling my dump valves this winter I noticed some
bro=
wnish deposits in the bags. Nothing too bad or worth pulling the bags but
I=
was wondering if I should add something to the water to keep the bags
clea=
n. I have heard of fabric softener but I assume this is mostly for
preventi=
ng hard water deposits. Any ideas? The water at my gliderport is well
water=
but this stuff does not look like sediment.

Hi there,
Just a thought: is this brown stuff perhaps some organic matter, maybe
something bacterial? A fill-up with something added to the water (Milton
fluid, or sterilising tabs?) might help.
Regards.

Old April 16th 14, 09:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morgans[_2_]

"George Ballantyne" wrote in message
At 03:13 15 April 2014, K wrote:
In the process of overhauling my dump valves this winter I noticed some
bro=
wnish deposits in the bags. Nothing too bad or worth pulling the bags but
I=
was wondering if I should add something to the water to keep the bags
clea=
n. I have heard of fabric softener but I assume this is mostly for
preventi=
ng hard water deposits. Any ideas? The water at my gliderport is well
water=
but this stuff does not look like sediment.

Hi there,
Just a thought: is this brown stuff perhaps some organic matter, maybe
something bacterial? A fill-up with something added to the water (Milton
fluid, or sterilising tabs?) might help.
Regards.

How about waterbed conditioner? That should be similar in material and to
the environment as waterbags to do the job safely and effectively
--
Jim in NC.

---