What's Wrong With This Picture? (Resized)

Old August 28th 10, 06:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Zomby Woof[_3_]

Default What's Wrong With This Picture? (Resized)

Old August 28th 10, 06:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dan[_12_]

Zomby Woof wrote:

Broaden is sexist, it should be womanen or personen?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old August 28th 10, 06:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Zomby Woof[_3_]

"Dan" wrote in message
Zomby Woof wrote:

Broaden is sexist, it should be womanen or personen?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Something visual ain't matchin' the verbiage.

ZW

Old August 28th 10, 07:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Chunbala

"Zomby Woof" wrote in
news

begin 666 Boeing Recruitment Ad (Computerworld Canada - June 19 1998)
(Resized).jpg

Attachment decoded: Boeing Recruitment Ad (Computerworld Canada - June
19 1998) (Resized).jpg `
end

Hum... just guessing... it isn't a Boeing aircraft on the picture?
Old August 28th 10, 07:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Transistor Bubblezap

Pretty sure that it's a DC-8.

Chunbala wrote in news:Xns9DE29A00492FAChunbala@
216.196.97.131:

Old August 28th 10, 08:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Darthfeeble

There's no horizon. S

"Zomby Woof" wrote in message
news

Old August 28th 10, 10:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton[_3_]

"Zomby Woof" wrote in message
news

All the other guesses are correct, but I noticed that they're advertising
for COBOL programmers - which was still happening in '98.

Since then, I'm told that COBOL skills are poison on your CV, as if it was
that language that caused global warming in the first place.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton (friends don't let friends write in COBOL)

Old August 29th 10, 12:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

I'm pretty sure it's a DC-8.

Brian
Old August 29th 10, 02:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Photoplasm

It's a DC-8.

It's not one of the 60-series cargo stretches, but ouside of that I'm
not sure of which variant.

The giveaway is the set of ram air scoops on the nose at 5 & 7
o'clock.

I could be mistaken here, but perhaps the flaps don't look quite right
for a 707- didn't most 707s have a more slotted style?

Just one more telltale possibility - the leading edge looks like the
straight-line 30 degree sweep of DC-8s while 707s had 35 degrees, and
a lot of types had an extra-sweep sleeve between the fuselage and the
inboard engines.

My Boeing book is in the next room, but I just ate and got too
comfortable to move.

-photoplasm

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 10:35:01 -0700, "Zomby Woof"

Old August 29th 10, 03:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Morgans[_2_]

"Transistor Bubblezap" wrote

Pretty sure that it's a DC-8.

I was thinking 707. Why do you think DC-8?
--
Jim in NC