Psychological evaluations in other professions

Old July 9th 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Sousa

Default Psychological evaluations in other professions

Hello:

Does anyone know of other professions that require psychological
evaluation of "attitude" to weed out overconfident candidates, etc?

Thank you.

Best Regards

Steve Sousa

Old July 9th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

people who serve on submarines, those who served in the missile
bunkers during the cold war, fly in space, become psychologists
(smile), FBI agents, etc, in a formal way, and nearly every
professional job in an informal way. Think of it, if you were a hiring
authority interviewing someone and you sensed their psyc profile
would not let them fit into the organization, would you hire them?

..

Tina (PhD, Psyc)

Old July 9th 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Steve Sousa" wrote in message
anews.com...
Hello:

Does anyone know of other professions that require psychological
evaluation of "attitude" to weed out overconfident candidates, etc?

Definitely not Congress.

Old July 9th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

"Steve Sousa" wrote:
Does anyone know of other professions that require psychological
evaluation of "attitude" to weed out overconfident candidates, etc?

Not piloting, based on the posts to this newsgroup. ;-)

Nor any attitude weeding in the medical profession. All seem required to
take and pass "Arrogant Confidence 101."

Certainly not any weeding out in the legal professions. Same as the medical
professionals with regard to A C 101.

Professional engineers...?

Hmmm ... I suspect that maybe "non-confident professional" might be an
oxymoron. :-)
Old July 9th 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

"Steve Sousa" wrote in message
anews.com...
Hello:

Does anyone know of other professions that require psychological
evaluation of "attitude" to weed out overconfident candidates, etc?

Military officer programs, law enforcement, academia, medical...

Ah, the psychological games they played at Marine Corps OCS...

-c

Old July 9th 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Steve Sousa wrote:
Hello:

Does anyone know of other professions that require psychological
evaluation of "attitude" to weed out overconfident candidates, etc?

Thank you.

Best Regards

Steve Sousa

United Airlines I believe used psychological testing during their
application/interview process at Stapleton some years ago. Don't know
about the present situation.
Dudley Henriques
(Possible living proof that these tests are inaccurate as have been
Certified sane through psychological testing at least once :-)
Old July 9th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
Steve Sousa wrote:
Hello:

Does anyone know of other professions that require psychological
evaluation of "attitude" to weed out overconfident candidates, etc?

Thank you.

Best Regards

Steve Sousa

United Airlines I believe used psychological testing during their
application/interview process at Stapleton some years ago. Don't know
about the present situation.
Dudley Henriques
(Possible living proof that these tests are inaccurate as have been

.................................................. ................................................?
Certified sane through psychological testing at least once :-)

Identity problem, Dudley?

Get the book "Mind Hunter" by John Douglas (former head of the FBI profiling
Unit) and read the chapter at the end entitled "Battling Shrinks". Good read
in any case.

http://tinyurl.com/2vxjqc or http://preview.tinyurl.com/2vxjqc

--
"Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become
dominant.

Old July 9th 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Steve Sousa wrote:
Hello:

Does anyone know of other professions that require psychological
evaluation of "attitude" to weed out overconfident candidates, etc?

Thank you.

Best Regards

Steve Sousa

United Airlines I believe used psychological testing during their
application/interview process at Stapleton some years ago. Don't know
about the present situation.
Dudley Henriques
(Possible living proof that these tests are inaccurate as have been

.................................................. ...............................................?
Certified sane through psychological testing at least once :-)

Identity problem, Dudley?

Get the book "Mind Hunter" by John Douglas (former head of the FBI profiling
Unit) and read the chapter at the end entitled "Battling Shrinks". Good read
in any case.

http://tinyurl.com/2vxjqc or http://preview.tinyurl.com/2vxjqc

Identity problem???????
Don't understand
Old July 9th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

Steve Sousa wrote:
[...]

You are what George Orwell called a "Non Person"!

Matt B.
--
"I know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the greatest
complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most obvious truth if it

Old July 9th 07, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Steve Sousa wrote:
[...]

I must be dense today. Are you joking with me or trying to nail me. I
can't figure it out. Since there are no smilies or hehe's attached to
any of this, could you possibly give me a hand here? I'm having a hard
time understanding all this.
Dudley Henriques