outside loop

Old July 26th 07, 03:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
niceguy

Default outside loop

Is there a video of a helo doing an outside loop?

Old July 26th 07, 07:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bruce R

"niceguy" wrote in message
Is there a video of a helo doing an outside loop?

And surviving it! ;-)

Bruce

Old July 26th 07, 07:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

niceguy wrote:
Is there a video of a helo doing an outside loop?

Let's do a Stall Turn first ...

Check list:

1. Roll Rate
2. Revolutions
3. Sustain Head Speed
4. Negative Pitch
5. Projectile vomit remover from instruments

Cheers,

Dave
Old July 26th 07, 10:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
unstable

closest I can get you is a RC heli doing stuff like that. I dont think a
full sized heli can try it without having a boom strike .

--Unstable

"niceguy" wrote in news:46a8ae6a$0$4673
:

Is there a video of a helo doing an outside loop?

Old July 26th 07, 10:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

unstable wrote:
closest I can get you is a RC heli doing stuff like that. I dont think a
full sized heli can try it without having a boom strike .

--Unstable

"niceguy" wrote in news:46a8ae6a$0$4673
:

Is there a video of a helo doing an outside loop?

I am thinking that Army tried it with a test bed AH-64 at Edwards AFB
back about a long time ago. I heard that a guy tried it with an AH1 out
of the MACSOG field at Marble Mountain -- he was right over the bay at
Da Nang. The rotor impacted the tail rotor; autorotation into the bay
followed and eventually he went back to civilian life where he belonged.

This is anecdotal however, one of those stories that I remember hearing
in the club -- prefaced by "Now this is No ****".

YMMV

Dave

There are Old Pilots and Bold Pilots, but there are NO Old, Bold pilots.

Old July 27th 07, 01:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peavey_HP_Signature_Guy

Wouldn't that be termed a "3-D maneuver" which I think, if I am not
mistaken, would be impossible with full-size at the current technologies.
My R/C buddies do it all the time but the lift to weight ratios are a little
different there. I can tell you that if any pilot could handle 3-D, well,
they wouldn't be in a heli lol.

Old July 27th 07, 03:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
unstable

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gi7G-VzU2r4

Alan Szabo, one of the best RC heli guys out there.

"Peavey_HP_Signature_Guy" wrote in
:

Old July 27th 07, 09:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

unstable wrote in news:Xns9979DF64EDC39asdffdsagov@
216.151.153.13:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gi7G-VzU2r4

Alan Szabo, one of the best RC heli guys out there.

That... just... ain't... right!
Old July 27th 07, 12:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bert-Jan[_2_]

Bob Harrington wrote in
:

unstable wrote in news:Xns9979DF64EDC39asdffdsagov@
216.151.153.13:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gi7G-VzU2r4

Alan Szabo, one of the best RC heli guys out there.

That... just... ain't... right!

WICKED!!

I would like to see a close-up of his hands at the tranmitter while he is
doing stuff like that.
Old July 27th 07, 07:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim[_2_]

"Bob Harrington" wrote in message
unstable wrote in news:Xns9979DF64EDC39asdffdsagov@
216.151.153.13:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gi7G-VzU2r4

Alan Szabo, one of the best RC heli guys out there.

That... just... ain't... right!

I can hear it now . . . That guy will start taking helicopter flying lessons
and at some point will say . . . "Hey, watch what I can do with a
helicopter!" But he'll only say it once!

My Ground Loop Reid & Julie Baldwin Piloting 53 December 5th 05 11:29 PM
More likely to ground loop? [email protected] Piloting 16 February 25th 05 03:21 PM
AN-2 performing a loop Maro_SK Aerobatics 1 March 25th 04 08:18 PM
What is a ground loop? Mike Piloting 34 July 30th 03 06:19 PM
Will pilots always be kept in the loop ( automation)? Justin Maas Piloting 9 July 11th 03 03:02 AM