Roadable Aircraft ... What about this?

Old March 6th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Roadable Aircraft ... What about this?

They still make them actually.

Old March 6th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

In article ,
says...

On 5 Mar 2006 08:49:17 -0800,
wrote:

I saw earlier posts about North Texan's Butterfly and was impressed
with the depth and quality of discussion regarding patents and the
limitations and requirements for roadable aricraft.

I would welcome your feedback regarding my product:

http://www.wolffaerocycle.com/

"To invent an airplane is nothing. To build an airplane is something.
But to
fly is everything."

- Otto Lilienthal

Ron Wanttaja

I stayed quiet for a couple of days so he could get the feedback that
he wanted. Ron summed it up the best.

This guy did pretty much the same thing on the sport_pilot Yahoo list.
During the discussion it came out that all they have is an idea (that
isn't even orginial), a web site and a lot of guts. No one associated
with it has any aviation experience at all and he refuses to name the
so called "designer" that he hopes will get involved.

He is actually accepting deposits at this stage. Does this remind you
of any other companies

Old March 6th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"sleepy6" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

On 5 Mar 2006 08:49:17 -0800,
wrote:

I saw earlier posts about North Texan's Butterfly and was impressed
with the depth and quality of discussion regarding patents and the
limitations and requirements for roadable aricraft.

I would welcome your feedback regarding my product:

http://www.wolffaerocycle.com/

It states "Target price $49,300 (including fight motor and motorcycle)"

Air to air fighting I presume?

Old March 7th 06, 11:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Montblack wrote:
wrote)
I would welcome your feedback regarding my product:

http://www.wolffaerocycle.com/

And an article in the recent issue of Full Throttle (biker rag):
http://www.fullthrottlenyne.com/feature2.htm

Why not revisit the Wright Brothers design - a fitted belt, around the
rear tire, up to a big slow turning pusher prop?

Just a thought...

Montblack
I wonder if gyroscopic(?) forces (with the rear spinning tire) would
make banking difficult? :-)

Heading hold?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old March 7th 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Earlier, Montblack wrote:

That's great for Point (A) to Point (B) travel ...forgetting, for a moment,
about the other (24) letters in the alphabet.

I'll bet that if you bought a Cezzna 150, and then five times a year
paid $1000 to buy a beater bike in whatever town you're visiting, you'd
have better speed and better handling at a lower overall cost. You
could also recoup a bunch of that by donating the bikes to charity and
claiming the deduction.

Old March 8th 06, 08:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

In article . com,
wrote:

I saw earlier posts about North Texan's Butterfly and was impressed
with the depth and quality of discussion regarding patents and the
limitations and requirements for roadable aricraft.

I would welcome your feedback regarding my product:

http://www.wolffaerocycle.com/

And an article in the recent issue of Full Throttle (biker rag):
http://www.fullthrottlenyne.com/feature2.htm

Thanks
-Adam

Yeah, well, I'll try to keep it polite, Mr. Wolff, since I'm always
asking others to do so. I'm hardly in a position to evaluate a product
that doesn't exist, so I can't comment on its merits or faults. But,
morally, I don't think you ought to be taking deposits for a product
that doesn't exist, nor selling dealerships for it.
Old March 8th 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

I understand your concerns, and I've taken some heat for this. The web
site and our agreements state clearly that we will take deposits in
escrow -- our account or yours, however you may want to set it up --
and we would do the same for dealers.

Our goal with this is two-fold: 1) to offer early adopters and others
as excited about the concept as we are first dibs, and 2) to have
something concrete to show investors with a product for which the
market is somewhat nebulous.

I know that people have gotten burned in similar situations, and we
have done our best to protect both ourselves and any potential
customers.

Thanks
-Adam

Old March 9th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Rory wrote:

snipped adam's goals

Twin engine cannot be operated under LSA. Read the reg. Single engine only.

That's what the man said.

So this one would have to be experimental.

http://home.earthlink.net/~tp-1/262-side.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~tp-1/262-top.jpg
and -front.

Richard