12 dead this weekend from GA crashes

Old February 6th 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default 12 dead this weekend from GA crashes

You think that's bad...

Geoff
the sea hawk at wow way d0t com
Spell checking is left as an excercise for the reader.

Old February 7th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

The question still stands.

How much effort should be made to prevent these 90 deaths, when the top nine
hazardous occupations account for 2667 deaths?

"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...

Interesting: I don't know where BLS gets its statistics. One would think
directly from employers, but I'm not sure. I'll try to find out.

Old February 7th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Why the fascination with aircraft crashes/deaths?

"Peter R." wrote:
Do we post
every car accident and death, death from diseases and accidents?

Personally, as an active GA pilot I am interested in reading about aircraft
accidents and do not mind the recent surge of postings.

This should provide hours of reading:

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/month.asp

Ron Lee

Old February 7th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default 12 dead this weekend from GA crashes - what about skiing??

-- Deaths of 5 Skiers Stun Mammoth

In the span of a week, three skiing accidents, a heart attack and an avalanche claimed
the lives of four visitors and a ski patrol veteran.

MAMMOTH LAKES — The deaths of five skiers over a recent seven-day period on or near
Mammoth Mountain appear to have been tragic accidents but have shaken this hamlet of
outdoor enthusiasts.

One victim was a Los Angeles dentist and avid outdoorsman, another a retired water
deliveryman from Garden Grove, the third a San Diego teenager and the fourth a
marketing representative from Laguna Niguel. The fifth was an accomplished ski patrol
member traversing the Eastern Sierra's breathtaking backcountry.

Old February 7th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Ron Lee wrote:
"Peter R." wrote:

Do we post
every car accident and death, death from diseases and accidents?

Personally, as an active GA pilot I am interested in reading about aircraft
accidents and do not mind the recent surge of postings.

This should provide hours of reading:

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/month.asp

I used to read that for hours in college when we had class in the
computer lab. I learned that I'm really not the dumbest person up there
flying.
Old February 7th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Skybuffoon, what would possess a non-pilot like yourself to inhabit a
forum visited mainly by pilots and spew your incessant anti-GA,
anti-AOPA drivel? Surely there must be other pursuits more worthy of
your time and effort than continuing to post here and amuse the
population with your aviation ignorance? Admittedly your posts are
fairly well-composed, but the spin you put on is laughable at times.
Stick with facts (opinions thinly disguised as facts don't count) and
put up or shadddup...

Old February 7th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Steve Foley" posted the exciting message
news
The question still stands.

How much effort should be made to prevent these 90 deaths, when the
top nine hazardous occupations account for 2667 deaths?

"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com..
.

Interesting: I don't know where BLS gets its statistics. One would
think directly from employers, but I'm not sure. I'll try to find
out.

Personally, I think there are too many humans on the planet anyway. I'll
just be careful and we'll let Darwin work his magic. Why shouldn't we enjoy
things that may be risky?
Old February 7th 06, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In the span of a week, three skiing accidents, a heart attack and an
avalanche claimed the lives of four visitors and a ski patrol veteran.

Well, really, when you get right down to it, downhill skiing is one of the
dumbest, least productive, potentially dangerous activities known to man.

In Skylune's world, it would be banned. Thankfully, we still live in
America.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 7th 06, 01:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Well, really, when you get right down to it, downhill skiing is one of the
dumbest, least productive, potentially dangerous activities known to man.

Hmmmmmm. Wonder why uphill skiiing never caught on. Enquiry minds
want to know. :^)

The Monk