Ja, Everthing OK in Iowa?

Old May 24th 04, 03:41 PM
Dan Luke

"Jay Honeck" wrote:
We TRIED to fly to Pinckneyville today, for the rec.aviation
cookout/party, during a brief window of nice flying weather...

We got about 30 miles south when the weather fell apart,
again. When we saw the towering cumulus stretching
wall-to-wall in the distance, we reluctantly
turned back.

:^(

That's a shame; you missed some great lasagna and a chance to fly John's
Stinson Reliant. Maybe next year!
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old May 24th 04, 06:21 PM
Jay Honeck

That's a shame; you missed some great lasagna and a chance to fly John's
Stinson Reliant. Maybe next year!

One of these years. The weather can't ALWAYS suck on that weekend, can it?

Although, in honesty, in the past it's been scheduling problems that kept us
away -- usually U of Iowa graduation.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 24th 04, 06:24 PM
Jay Honeck

That's a shame; you missed some great lasagna and a chance to fly John's
Stinson Reliant. Maybe next year!

Dan, did you take any pix? If so, send 'em to me, and I'll get 'em up on
the Rogue's Gallery!

Unless you'd rather destroy the evidence?

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 24th 04, 10:25 PM
Dan Luke

"Jay Honeck" wrote:
Dan, did you take any pix? If so, send 'em to me,
and I'll get 'em up on the Rogue's Gallery!

I got a few, but I don't have all the names. I'll send 'em tonight.

Unless you'd rather destroy the evidence?

I won't send the ones where everyone's naked.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old May 25th 04, 03:08 AM
G. Burkhart

I was driving through northern Iowa Friday evening near Bradgate. I just
missed the tornado that wiped out that town by a few minutes. I saw the big
wall cloud to the west as I was driving south. I got to Humboldt just before
the storm sirens started there.

I went out to the Humboldt airport Saturday when the weather was good to
see if there was anyone around that I could bum a ride to get a chance to
see the damage from the air. No luck. I found out later that N91RA
(Citabria) was flying around the Rolfe and Bradgate area. If I had known he
was down there, I could have talked him into a ride.

-Greg B.

"JerryK" wrote in message
I was watching the new tonight and saw those storms. I hope they are not
near you

Jerry Kurata