Nellis? Hpw come....?

Old July 20th 03, 09:40 PM
ArtKramr

Default Nellis? Hpw come....?

How come, as some claim, the CO at Nellis has no idea of the base closing but
guys on this NG are "in the loop" and know stuff the base CO doesn't. How
come?

Arthur Kramer
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old July 20th 03, 10:24 PM
S. Sampson

"ArtKramr" wrote

How come, as some claim, the CO at Nellis has no idea of the base closing but
guys on this NG are "in the loop" and know stuff the base CO doesn't. How
come?

Just the opposite. The CO knows about as much as anyone in this group about
what bases will be closed on the next go. My only point was that the range is
not what it used to be 20 years ago, and the runways to the south are disasters
just waiting to happen with the population in-rush.

Old July 20th 03, 11:46 PM
C Knowles

Who in this group is in the loop? You don't actually believe these guys!
BTW, nobody says "CO" anymore. The base commander is the wing commander,
WG/CC.
Curt

Old July 21st 03, 01:23 AM
suckthis.com

I seriously doubt Nellis would ever be shut down, it's as likely as Edwards
being shut down.
Old July 21st 03, 01:26 AM
S. Sampson

"suckthis.com" wrote
I seriously doubt Nellis would ever be shut down, it's as likely as Edwards
being shut down.

They said the same thing about dickie-goober

Old July 21st 03, 03:02 AM
Leadfoot

The base commander is the wing commander,

Unless they have seriously changed things since I got out I don't think so.
Normally the base commander is a colonel who reports to the wing commander.
The base commander is in charge of the base itself. Security Police/Law
Enforcement, Civil engineering, Housing, Personnel, Communications,
Supply/POL

Old July 21st 03, 04:07 AM
Michael Williamson

Leadfoot wrote:
The base commander is the wing commander,

Unless they have seriously changed things since I got out I don't think so.
Normally the base commander is a colonel who reports to the wing commander.
The base commander is in charge of the base itself. Security Police/Law
Enforcement, Civil engineering, Housing, Personnel, Communications,
Supply/POL

They have. The Wing Commander owns (nominally, often there are tenant
units that fall under different organizations) all of the groups which
make up the base organization. This includes the support functions that
you listed. There is no base commander anymore for Air Force Bases.

Mike Williamson

Old July 21st 03, 04:55 AM
Ragnar

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
How come, as some claim, the CO at Nellis has no idea of the base closing

but
guys on this NG are "in the loop" and know stuff the base CO doesn't. How
come?

Because there is no "list". My own Base CO at Goodfellow has told us
several in rumor control sessions that the only "list" that exists is in the
fevered imagination of some web weirdo.