No tow services, Salida, CO

Old April 28th 16, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default No tow services, Salida, CO

I'm told there are no longer tow services available at Salida, CO.
Old April 28th 16, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Why not contact them directly and ask? http://www.airsafetynet.com/

--
Dan, 5J

Old April 28th 16, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

wrote:

I'm told there are no longer tow services available at Salida, CO.

--

Dan, 5J

Tow plane has been sold. There are no current tow services at Salida, CO.

Frank Whiteley
Old April 29th 16, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Todd

I just looked at the FAA registration database, and as of now, it (N9642P) is still registered registered to the tow plan operator in Salida. That said, this does not mean that a sale in not in the works.

If sold, sucks for me as I am just about to move there...
Old April 29th 16, 04:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 7:45:35 PM UTC-6, Todd wrote:
I just looked at the FAA registration database, and as of now, it (N9642P) is still registered registered to the tow plan operator in Salida. That said, this does not mean that a sale in not in the works.

If sold, sucks for me as I am just about to move there...

They also said most pilots are self-launching or have ordered self-launchers, so future looked uneconomical as seasonal tow only operation.

Doesn't mean someone else will give it a go. It's highly seasonal. The Dunlaps gave it a good run several years ago.

Durango Soaring couldn't sell as a turn-key operation, so it was parted out and the land is now in a conservation easement. Mile High Gliding is for sale. Soaring NV is for sale.
Old April 29th 16, 07:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 8:57:57 PM UTC-7, Frank Whiteley wrote:
Soaring NV is for sale.

Soaring NV is for sale - - though my understanding is that's not due to any slowdown or lack of demand. They have 4 Pawnee's and Minden remains a great place to retire (why I'm here) and a Mecca for soaring enthusiasts from all over.

bumper
zz
Minden
MKIV and QV
Old June 27th 16, 05:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 8:51:07 AM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
Why not contact them directly and ask?Â* http://www.airsafetynet.com/

Zechariah Papp, the airport manager at Salida, told me today that tows can be arranged for small groups. He said there was a group flying gliders on July 2. Seven gliders based at the airport. His number is (719)539-3720 or zpaap at chaffeecounty period org
Old June 27th 16, 05:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Sunday, June 26, 2016 at 10:18:48 PM UTC-6, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 8:51:07 AM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
Why not contact them directly and ask?Â* http://www.airsafetynet.com/

Zechariah Papp, the airport manager at Salida, told me today that tows can be arranged for small groups. He said there was a group flying gliders on July 2. Seven gliders based at the airport. His number is (719)539-3720 or zpaap at chaffeecounty period org

The tow pilot is from another town (75mi) that will tow on occasion from Salida. He is a full time medivac pilot, so his availability is rather limited. Local clubs have his contact info. He is also a CFI/CFI-G, so spends time instructing power students. AFAIK, he has no access to a training glider and is not providing glider instruction.

June 2nd? Or there will be a small group flying July 2nd?

Frank Whiteley

A Bad Day at Salida Dan Marotta Soaring 1 June 18th 14 05:02 AM
Salida Camp Dan Marotta Soaring 2 February 28th 14 03:27 PM
Tows in Salida? Dan Marotta Soaring 3 February 1st 14 05:09 PM
Soaring in Salida, CO Shawn Curry Soaring 3 May 3rd 04 05:31 PM
Salida Tow Plane? Mackfly Soaring 0 April 15th 04 04:32 AM