Need a Usenet computer guru opinion please

Old November 11th 09, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Doe

Default Need a Usenet computer guru opinion please

In article ,
says...
In article ,
says...
Dave Doe schrieb:
I assume you've done the obvious (admittedly not likely to have much
luck on a .ch site!

What makes you believe that people in Switzerland don't take spam
complaints serious?

Oh I'm sure the people in Switzerland do.

But I doubt whether many complaints to any usenet provider get much
attention - I've sent abuse complaints to altopia.com (USA?) and
eathlink.net - received nothing more than automated replies.

One complaint sent to Google got more than an automated reply (or is
it?)...
==================
Hi,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The Google Groups account
you reported for Usenet abuse will be suspended soon. We appreciate your
assistance in keeping Google Groups as abuse-free as possible.

Sincerely,

The Google Groups Team
==================

but the posts continued.

And I see, scrolling through my Windows Search (email) for 'abuse' -
that I've sent several other complaints too - none (other than the
google one above) got more than automated replies - many have no replies
at all.

So while I assume Dudley (and maybe others too) have sent a complaint
in, I would not ask Dudley to hold his breath until the spammer stops.

--
Duncan.
Old November 12th 09, 03:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,alt.comp.freeware
Franklin[_17_]

Jeffrey Bloss wrote:

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 20:08:08 -0600, Jim Logajan wrote:

Dudley Henriques wrote:
What's interesting about that is that the troll really doesn't have
a reason that would be reasonable to a general audience.

Some people strap on bombs, walk into crowds of innocent people, and
blow themselves and others into eternal oblivion. Others walk into
crowds and shoot everyone in sight until they themselves are brought
down. None of them have reasons for their actions that general
audiences would find reasonable.

Trolls and suicide bombers are worlds apart in many important ways,
but I think they at least share in common an over-arching
ego-centrism.

I wear Vasque Sundowners most of the time. Look them up. You couldn't
afford them along side your our taxpayer funded video games because
even so called enlightened societal structures know useless assholes
like you don't deserve that standard of living. Fact is, you own no
such thing for two reasons. You're a bloodsucker who doesn't rate
them of course, and you don't spend enough time standing upright to
warrant owning shoes in the first place.

It's obvious someone struck a nerve, you actually do realize how much
alike you and Henriques are, and you're lying your ass off trying to
win back a bit of the dignity you never had.

Sorry it didn't work out.

Hello Jeffery, are you sure you didn't get fooled into buying fake
Vasque Sundowners? You're a bit prone to getting fooled. You wouldn't
know an MTM wrist watch if it hit you in the face despite your claims to
recognize one. Do you remember you posted this under the name David W.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.freeware/msg/86855d141fcc78e1

It wasn't an MTM in the photo. It was a Porsche Orfina L5100.

MTMs have too many awkward gadgets for field use (such as remote
charging and tritium lume hands). You seem to love MTMs so much you
were posting to A.C.F. about them when you were calling yourself Krazee
Brenda: "I didn't buy this MTM on my wrist at K-Mart". LOL

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.freeware/msg/62494d7079f87d63

--
Small sample of Bear Bottoms's socks:
Jeffrey Bloss, Maxwell, David W, Ari, etc
Old November 13th 09, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
XXXXX

On Nov 10, 9:04*pm, "Matt Barrow" wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

On Nov 10, 2:31 pm, Jim Logajan wrote:

Trolling literally doesn't pay so I don't understand why anyone bothers..
And why play with libel only for spite? Fundamentally irrational.

What I'll never understand is what causes an individual to form such
an utter hatred for another based on what happens on Usenet.

My guess is that you embarrassed him to HIMSELF. Perhaps the realization of
an astonishing short-coming has resulted in his striking out at you,
manifested in his psychotic attacks.

IOW, despite his bombast, inside he's utterly devastated.

Or maybe he's just an common cowardly thug who has a computer and some tech
skills rather than *gang colors.

Or maybe he just thinks it's funny how people like you get all worked
up over posts on an internet forum.
Old November 13th 09, 02:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Franklin[_18_]

Dudley Henriques wrote:

Assuming I'll be separating the troll answers to this post from the
useful information, I need an answer to a Usenet question if anyone
wants to take a moment to try and help with a bad situation. To the
regulars, bear with me on this as I need this answer to fit some
missing pieces together.

I am in the process of dealing with an unknown person or persons using
my name to post here on this forum. It's no big deal really as I'm
sure any of you who matter recognize the difference between my posts
and the forgeries.

Fortunately I have a few international contacts who are looking into
it overseas for me. But discovering the culprit isn't my aim here
although that might be forthcoming with a bit of luck.
What's concerning me isn't the copied and pasted in text that has been
appearing here over my name, as anyone can do that, but rather how
someone can access the data and path necessary to have a post appear
with my name appearing as the poster in the thread hierarchy to the
point where someone can actually see my name as the poster and click
on the profile link to see my regular profile. For all practical
purposes, this would appear to be a post from me personally and I need
to find out how this person is accomplishing this.

For you Usenet gurus out there who might want to try and help with
this; I use Google groups for Usenet posting since I don't post all
that much any longer.

An example of the type of post I'm referring to where my name has been
forged can be found in the thread called [Complaint sent to x-
privat.org]

Checking that thread you will find a post supposedly from me, bearing
my name as the poster under a post from one of the suspect posts
showing the name of Ron May. On my Google threads this post shows as
number 8.Assuming I have no idea how this post appeared and had
nothing to do with it's being posted, can someone explain exactly how
a person can access this forum having my name and profile appear as
though the post came from me?

I understand someone could open an account on one of the free servers
using my name and have taken the steps necessary along those lines,
but how can their posts appear on Google Groups allowing access
through links to my profile.

Is there any way at all this can be stopped by notifying Google
Groups? Is this even a Google Groups problem?

Any and all input (expected trolls excepted of course :-) appreciated.
Thanks, an I'm very sorry for having to take up the band width to
address these issues.

Perhaps one of these days we can get back to talking flying again :-)
Dudley Henriques

It's not really a Google Groups problem. The FROM header can be set to
almost anything you like.

Most headers can be customized although one or two types of headers are
much harder.

In an open forum there is always the possibility of noise. Sometimes
the noise level gets very high. That's how it is.

Most news server admins will accept a certain level of trolling but
completely mimicing another person's email address in the FROM header is
usually seen as a serious violation of the TOS/AUP.

The posters in alt.privacy.anon-server can give you more info. The sock
posts there too and you will only detect him by how he writes. The good
news is that if he is identified then he's unlikely to win many
popularity contests held by other posters becuase he doesn't exactly
have a fan club. See this:

Here's a long thread from Feb last year in which the our puppet master
(it's probably a team effort so let's call them "Bear Bottoms" for
short) is using several nyms (such as Ari, Krazee Brenda and others).

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.c...rm/thread/ea16
5ed4464fe55e/e89f200d95b2c40 or http://preview.tinyurl.com/yf8snan
Old November 13th 09, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_3_]

XXXXX schrieb:

Or maybe he just thinks it's funny how people like you get all worked
up over posts on an internet forum.

*baahh* silly anonymous google-groups users mean that they are on a
forum. All they see is a fancy blinky webinterface.

google-groups has not really done any good to usenet.

#m
Old November 14th 09, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Franklin[_18_]

Jeffrey Bloss wrote:

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:45:32 -0800 (PST), Dudley Henriques wrote:

Thanks Jim. I'm considering at this point just how far I want to go
with this. I have considerable resources but so far no harm has been
done other than aggravation. I have some fairly heavy police and
legal resources available overseas in both the UK and Switzerland
that have been made aware of what's happening. I've given them what
data I have.

*You* gave them data? WTF, are they too stupid to do their own
lookups? Good gruppe you got there, D00ds.

Bet they are on Macs too. lol

As I say, nothing so far but harmless troll behavior but I'm keeping
a close eye on it to see if it expands. Dudley

It's gone far enough. Everyone knows that international consequences
of having the great D00dz Henriquers forged would be devastating,
world ending, think of it.

lol

I see that you are still the same fool that you were a decade or so
ago, nothing ever changes does it, you ignorant, fascist, right-wing
fool?

What are you, 99 years old now and still on track to be fascist net
cop? Are you a rent-a-pig now waiting for your day in the sun to be a
real pig slopping at the trough in the sun behind the barn?

Your post needs to be vicious in order to provoke a response but name-
calling like that is lower than whale ****.

Dud realizes no one believes a word of what you say, so his reply
becomes pointless. As for this reply, well, I just like to see your
trolls attempts get thwarted.

BTW good luck with the radio controlled aircraft.

http://tinyurl.com/yl2w55a OR
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.rec.models.radio-
control.air/msg/5842c18a6139ddbe
Old November 14th 09, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.comp.freeware
Franklin[_18_]

hummingbird wrote:

'Franklin' wrote thus:

MTMs have too many awkward gadgets for field use (such as remote
charging and tritium lume hands). You seem to love MTMs so much you
were posting to A.C.F. about them when you were calling yourself Krazee
Brenda: "I didn't buy this MTM on my wrist at K-Mart". LOL

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.freeware/msg/62494d7079f87d63

That's a link to a post of yours dated Mar/2008, Franklin, wherein
MTMs are not even mentioned. Duh!

Is that the only way you can get other people to read your drivel
...post links to them, claiming they were posted by others in the
hope that people will click the link and read what you wrote 18
months later?

Immediately before my reply Krazee Brenda says:

"I didn't buy this MTM on my wrist at K-Mart"

Brenda dear, do you want to bet? LOL