Hobbs Switch

Old November 10th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ccwillwerth

Default Hobbs Switch

Hi, I would like to wire my hobbs so that it only runs when the engine is
running. Is there an oil pressure switch or something that could be used?

Charlie

Old November 10th 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
RST Engineering

Hobbs switches are a division of Stewart-Warner. Stewart-Warner parts are
available at your local NAPA Aviation Parts Store.

Jim

Old November 10th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Drew Dalgleish

I used an oil pressure switch teed into the line to the oil pressure
gauge. When you turn on the master it puts power to one side of the
switch and once there's pressure it closes the switch and sends power
to the hourmeter.

Ok!!! it's really a DATCON #102033. The meter records time. It runs from
battery power. I would like to wire it in some way so that it only operates
when the engine is running. As it is now, the only thing I can figure to do
is wire it to the master so that when it is on, the meter runs. This will
not provide an accurate engine or airframe time, therefore, I would like to
have it only run when the engine is running. Does anyone have any ideas?

Charlie
.. .

Old November 10th 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Steve A

ccwillwerth wrote:
Ok!!! it's really a DATCON #102033. The meter records time. It runs from
battery power. I would like to wire it in some way so that it only operates
when the engine is running.

buy this oil pressure switch:
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...obbsswitch.php

wire it to the Datcon and engine this way:
http://www.aeroelectric.com/PPS/Engi...Oil_P_Warn.pdf

The low oil pressure warning buzzer and light shown on the schematic are
optional. They are not required for the Datcon hour meter function.
Old November 16th 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

Hobbs switches are a division of Stewart-Warner. Stewart-Warner parts are
available at your local NAPA Aviation Parts Store.

Jim

Nicely stated, and saved. :-)

Peter