Merry Christmas to all

Old December 23rd 04, 02:39 PM

Default Merry Christmas to all

Here's a joke for you that I got from another thread,

The Public Works Minister of a former French colony in Central Africa
is in
France in an official visit.
He is invited for a dinner at the private house of his French
counterpart.
When he reaches the place, he can't refrain to say:
- My goodness, what a superb mansion! You must be from a rich family, I
know
how much a French Minister is paid, you can't afford that on your
salary!
The French Minister laughs and tells him:
- Come to the window. You see that highway there?
- Yes.
- Its real cost was 10 million Euros. The contractor invoiced it for 12
millions, I approved the bill and get 2 million cash from them.

Few years later, the very same French Public Works Minister is in an
official visit to this African country and is invited for a dinner at
the
private house of his old friend the African Minister.
When he reaches the place, he is totally amazed and says:
- That's not a house! It's a palace! I know about your country
finances, how
could you manage that?
The African Minister laughs and tells him:
- Come to the window. You see that highway there?
- No....

A very Merry Christmas to all.

Bryan

Old December 23rd 04, 04:39 PM
Ron Wanttaja

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:24:40 -0600, Darrel Toepfer wrote:

wrote:

Few years later, the very same French Public Works Minister is in an
official visit to this African country and is invited for a dinner at
the private house of his old friend the African Minister.
When he reaches the place, he is totally amazed and says:
- That's not a house! It's a palace! I know about your country
finances, how could you manage that?
The African Minister laughs and tells him:
- Come to the window. You see that highway there?
- No....

I thought Africans got their money thru email scams?

The last one I got said there was an unclaimed 10 miles of four-lane highway in
a bank in Nigeria.... :-)

Ron Wanttaja
Old December 23rd 04, 09:17 PM
Richard Isakson

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote ...
I thought Africans got their money thru email scams?

The last one I got said there was an unclaimed 10 miles of four-lane

highway in
a bank in Nigeria.... :-)

That's possible. This was on the AP wire two days ago:

"Thieves Dismantle, Carry Off Bridge
By Associated Press
December 22, 2004, 8:57 PM EST

WELLINGTON, New Zealand -- Thieves have dismantled and carried off most of a
100 foot aluminum bridge over a wetland on South Island, probably to sell
for scrap, Conservation Department officials said Thursday"

Rich

Old December 24th 04, 12:41 AM
Jay Honeck

A very Merry Christmas to all.

And to you, Bryan!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 24th 04, 04:07 PM

A little bit off topic, but a this reminds me of a true story.... I was a
Duty Officer a few years ago over a Christmas holiday for a couple of Army
bases in New Zealand and someone stole a whole garage close to a back fence
at one of the bases. I asked the Duty Sergeant how and entire freaking 20'
x 40' steel garage could go missing on his watch and if watching it driving
past the guard hut made him at all suspicious! Anyhow, it was an
interesting report I made to the MPs..... I think I am still the only
Officer to have lost a garage in the NZ Army.... at least in recent
history....

"sleepy6" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote ...
I thought Africans got their money thru email scams?

The last one I got said there was an unclaimed 10 miles of four-lane

highway in
a bank in Nigeria.... :-)

That's possible. This was on the AP wire two days ago:

"Thieves Dismantle, Carry Off Bridge
By Associated Press
December 22, 2004, 8:57 PM EST

WELLINGTON, New Zealand -- Thieves have dismantled and carried off mos
t of a
100 foot aluminum bridge over a wetland on South Island, probably to s
ell
for scrap, Conservation Department officials said Thursday"

Rich

Psssst Ya I'm talking to you. Ya wanna buy a bridge cheap?

Merry Christmass.

Old December 26th 04, 12:01 AM
Paul Sengupta

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
A very Merry Christmas to all.

And to you, Bryan!

And just popped in to say a very Merry Christmas from me too!

Might even have time to read some newsgroups over the next few
days, you never know! :-)

Paul

Old December 26th 04, 02:30 AM
Jay Honeck

And just popped in to say a very Merry Christmas from me too!

Same to you, Paul.

Have a bacon budgie (or whatever the heck you call 'em) for me!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 26th 04, 06:12 PM

Thanks Jay! Did Santa get you what you want?

Bryan