Hobbs Day 5 # 711 reporting

Old July 9th 04, 02:42 AM
TomnKeyLargo

Default Hobbs Day 5 # 711 reporting

Launch was pushed back till 1:45 pm. Lift was light and the cd, errrr the
sniffer whos the CD, was not climbing well. The task for Standards and 15 Meter
were changed to a MAT of 2 hrs. with Tatum as the first turnpoint. 927 is in
first place in Standards with a flight around 148 miles at 58 mph. In 15 Meter
ZL, Dave Lenoard is in First, 711 is in second and MD in 3rd. Some landouts as
final glides were hard on several folks due to the late starts and the day was
not the best. Lift toppped around 8000 msl and 3 kt climbs were average. Heres
something you need to write down, thats your start times. Cause I reset by
accident my IPAQ, and I thought I started at 3:28. But I started at 3:20, and
came home at 5:31, which is 11 minutes over on a 2 hr task. Which costs you big
time, errr, speed that is. I will write it down next time, all the time. The
Sports had Abannoed which is 11 miles away as their first turn with a 1.5 hr
window. Again, with the landouts I didn't see any scores as of yet, they should
be posted on the SSA web site real soon. The SSA office says they are getting
alot of emails about nothing being posted on this great racing site. Well, its
best to let them know how your feeling. Some of the penalties were changed from
the first 2 days, now things are running smoother. Bill Hill, Mr. Z, had a
start gate penality the first day and now thats been changed and he got his
points back. Oh, Mr. Z, he landed out today. Yep, watch out for that green
alien, cause he will get ya. He was last seen on the flag pole overnite
drinking a brewster. Hey, thats whats told me. Someone said he was seen leaving
Wal Mart, and he was somewhere else, something about web cams and places they
are put. So you Standard class guys and girls need to keep a eye out. Cause "
The Green Alien maybe with you " in a few weeks. Thermal tight, Soar high, Fly
safe, # 711 reporting.