Airspace Privacy over your house !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old December 6th 03, 11:56 AM
Eric Miller

"Russell Kent" wrote in message
RobertR237 wrote:

It couldn't have happened to a more deserving BITCH but I thought that

we had
finally gotten rid of her [Barbara Streisand] in 2000 when Bush was

elected. I
seem to remember her making a promise to leave the country if that

happened.

I have no love for Barbara Streisand, but her failure to follow through on

that
(alleged?) promise merely puts her in the same classification as EVERY(*)
politician on the planet (including Dubya).

Russell Kent

My take on entertainers and celebrities, whether they're actors, athletes,
musicians or whatever is...

They're not paid to think, they're paid to entertain us.
They certainly have no business spouting off on political issues.
They're trained monkeys.
So shut up and do what you're paid to do!
Dance for me, monkey, dance!

Eric

Old December 6th 03, 03:40 PM
ET

RR Urban wrote in news:lkq2tvot4fff9vmlc7aq5jmdarafjp9li6@
4ax.com:

It's perfectly OK to trim

Barnyard BOb -

Uooops.... I knew better too.... :-(

--
ET

"A common mistake people make when trying to design something
fools."---- Douglas Adams
Old December 6th 03, 04:38 PM
richard riley

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 18:17:06 -0800, "Phil Sisson, Litchfield Aerobatic
Club" wrote:

:
oes anyone know what website her house photo is located?
:Phil ..
:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/barbrahouse1.html
Old December 6th 03, 05:17 PM
RobertR237

In article , "Eric Miller"
writes:

My take on entertainers and celebrities, whether they're actors, athletes,
musicians or whatever is...

They're not paid to think, they're paid to entertain us.
They certainly have no business spouting off on political issues.
They're trained monkeys.
So shut up and do what you're paid to do!
Dance for me, monkey, dance!

Eric

They unfortunately use their very visible position to try and further their own
personal agendas which are far too often so far out in left field that nothing
but foul balls go there.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old December 6th 03, 05:32 PM
Eric Miller

"RobertR237" wrote in message
They unfortunately use their very visible position to try and further

their own
personal agendas which are far too often so far out in left field that

nothing
but foul balls go there.

Bob Reed

The problem being that since they don't live in the real world, they're even
less qualified than the average person to even HAVE an opinion, much less
promote it.

Eric

Old December 7th 03, 03:40 AM
Rich Ahrens

Eric Miller wrote:
My take on entertainers and celebrities, whether they're actors, athletes,
musicians or whatever is...

They're not paid to think, they're paid to entertain us.
They certainly have no business spouting off on political issues.
They're trained monkeys.
So shut up and do what you're paid to do!
Dance for me, monkey, dance!

I presume that goes for Charlton Heston as well? Ahnooold? Ronnie? Or just
the ones whose positions on issues disagree with your own?

|Rich Ahrens | Homepage: http://www.visi.com/~rma/ |
|-----------------------------------------------|
|"In a world full of people only some want to fly - isn't that crazy?" |

Old December 7th 03, 05:50 AM

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 21:40:49 -0600, Rich Ahrens wrote:

:Eric Miller wrote:
: My take on entertainers and celebrities, whether they're actors, athletes,
: musicians or whatever is...
:
: They're not paid to think, they're paid to entertain us.
: They certainly have no business spouting off on political issues.
: They're trained monkeys.
: So shut up and do what you're paid to do!
: Dance for me, monkey, dance!
:
:I presume that goes for Charlton Heston as well?

Charlton Heston spoke out on one particular topic (gun ownership) that
he had a lifelong interest in and was VERY well informed on. On that
topic, I listened to him the same way I'd listen to anyone else - with
an open mind. I didn't think he was correct just because he was in
"Omega Man."

:Ahnooold?

The jury is still out on Arnold. He may be fine. He may be awful.
No matter what, he'll be better than the walking disaster we had
before. Any trained monkey would be. YOU would be, no matter who you
are. A random number generator would be a better gov. than Davis.

:Ronnie?

He worked his way up. 16 years as president of a large, powerful
union before he ran for office. Popular governor, successful
President (unless you think the end of communism was a bad thing.)
Awful actor. Not a major star, as far as I'm concerned. No more than
Fred "Gopher" Grandy.

Performers *can* make good politicians. So can lawyers, doctors,
carpenters, salesmen, writers and auto mechanics. But before they run
for office, why should we listen to actors more than any of the
others?

:Or just
:the ones whose positions on issues disagree with your own?

I don't think Bruce Willis OR Cher should have a significant influence
on public policy.
Old December 7th 03, 07:05 AM
Eric Miller

"Rich Ahrens" wrote in message
isi.com...
Eric Miller wrote:
My take on entertainers and celebrities, whether they're actors,

athletes,
musicians or whatever is...

They're not paid to think, they're paid to entertain us.
They certainly have no business spouting off on political issues.
They're trained monkeys.
So shut up and do what you're paid to do!
Dance for me, monkey, dance!

I presume that goes for Charlton Heston as well? Ahnooold? Ronnie? Or just
the ones whose positions on issues disagree with your own?

Correct, Rich... ALL of them!

As my friend is fond of saying.. .even a dead dog is right twice a day.

Eric

Old December 7th 03, 07:33 AM
Del Rawlins

On 06 Dec 2003 06:40 PM, Rich Ahrens posted the following:
Eric Miller wrote:
My take on entertainers and celebrities, whether they're actors,
athletes, musicians or whatever is... They're not paid to think,
they're paid to entertain us. They certainly have no business
spouting off on political issues. They're trained monkeys. So shut up
and do what you're paid to do! Dance for me, monkey, dance!

I presume that goes for Charlton Heston as well? Ahnooold? Ronnie? Or
just the ones whose positions on issues disagree with your own?

That sounds like a fair trade.

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/