Moeller Sky Car for sale!

Old October 13th 06, 10:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rob Turk[_1_]

Default Moeller Sky Car for sale!

"Robert Bates" wrote in message
Maybe Moeller is working on a sky trailer to go with it.

LOL

Whowww there buddy! You nor Moller can do that, I just took out a patent on
flying towable contraptions. This includes "sky trailers", which happen to
be our latest invention. Feel free to contact me off-list to take delivery
of our first production unit next year, at a considerable discount. You're
also welcome to participate as an investor, a cool million would be great!

;-)

Rob

Old October 13th 06, 11:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Rob Turk" wrote in message
.. .
"Robert Bates" wrote in message
Maybe Moeller is working on a sky trailer to go with it.

LOL

Whowww there buddy! You nor Moller can do that, I just took out a patent on
flying towable contraptions. This includes "sky trailers", which happen to be
our latest invention. Feel free to contact me off-list to take delivery of our
first production unit next year, at a considerable discount. You're also
welcome to participate as an investor, a cool million would be great!

Sorry, but they already exist.

They are called "gliders!" g
--
Jim in NC

Old October 13th 06, 12:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ernest Christley

Default Moeller Sky Car for sale! Ebay Scam?????

Kyle Boatright wrote:
"abripl" wrote in message
ups.com...
Wright brothers may have been regarded as scamers by some. Moller has
been at this for years and seems genuine in his efforts. I personally
don't think he will succeed, but I still don't like to put people down
for pursuing a dream. We all like to identify with success and not with
failure. A lot of historical successes could not be predicted. Lets not
be so eager to put efforts down - puting down is allways easy, pursuing
a dream is not. Some dreams succeed, many don't, but that is the price
of progress.

A few obvious differences between the Wrights and Moller:

1) The Wrights operated in secrecy. Moeller has been out in the press with
his vaporware for at least 3 decades.

2) The Wrights never solicited investors, at least until well after they had
a flying aircraft.

3) The Wrights didn't try and sell their product until they had proven that
it worked.

Moller seems to make a good living by wasting other people's money.

KB

Good list. I would add:

4) The Wrights studied current literature and followed the Laws of
Physics. Moller has a concept that is inherently dangerous from the
outset, due to a failure mode that involves the contraption turning into
a flying refigerator in the case of one of multiple engines failing. No
glide. No autorotation. Just falling.
Old October 13th 06, 12:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Natalie

abripl wrote:
Wright brothers may have been regarded as scamers by some. Moller has
been at this for years and seems genuine in his efforts.

He's been genuine in fleecing investors (caveat emptor) and the
government (this disturbs me) out of money to screw around with this.
There's not a shred of practicality. Essentially, it's long on
glitz and short on engineering.
Old October 13th 06, 12:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

Ken Finney wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/M400X...spagenameZWDVW

I suppose it had to happen!

The race is on; which will fly first, Skycar or yawn's BD-5J?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old October 13th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Anthony W said:
You are overly paranoid. If you go to eBay and log in there rather than
following some link, there is no possibility of having your password and
account info stolen. As a former IT pro and network admin, I am way

Unless you stupidly follow links in the seller-supplied section of the
listing, or suggestions to email the seller.

At one time I was looking for a Garmin 296, and just for the hell of it I
looked for listings of Garmin 530s. 7 out of 10 of them were scammers -
they would tell you that they had 5 of them for sale, and to email them to
get their "special buy it now price". The point there would be to get you
to buy the item off eBay, and so not have any of the (feeble) protections
that eBay offers. You can bet that after you paid they wouldn't deliver.

And one of the ones who didn't want you to email them had a link in his
seller-supplied section that said "click here to see my eBay store", which
took you to a site that wasn't ebay, but which used all the eBay graphics
to look like it was legit, and told you to log in with your eBay account
to see the store. You can bet that anybody stupid enough to do that would
soon find their eBay account being used to sell "5 Garmin 530s".

For about a month there, while I was looking for my Garmin 296, I was
reporting about 3 eBay scammers a day to eBay. The sales would be taken
down, and then re-appear the next day under a new account. One
interesting thing - unlike the real Garmin 530s, which were listed in the
Avionics category, the scammers would list under utterly bizarre
categories, like "Women's shoes".

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
Consistently separating words by spaces became a general custom about
Old October 13th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

Paul Tomblin wrote:

[...]

Making and off eBay purchase from a eBay seller isn't going to get your
account hacked.

All of what you're saying is covered under eBay's security
recommendations that few people read. Needless to say you have to be
pretty stupid or ignorant to fall for these scams. Also buying an
expensive item like the Garmin GPS or a laptop computer from a 0
feedback seller is just plain stupid and I have a hard time feeling
sorry for people that have fallen for this.

A good portion of my income comes from selling my products on eBay and
I've never had a scam eMail come close to fooling me or anyone hack my
account.

Tony

Old October 13th 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bob Kuykendall

Earlier, Anthony W wrote:
Making and off eBay purchase from a eBay seller isn't going to get your
account hacked...

Well, yes it can. In the scheme described previously, a mock-eBay Store
web page asks you to "log in to your eBay account," with text boxes for
your user name and password. When you enter the info and click OK, your
account info goes not to eBay, but to the guy who set up the bogus eBay
page. Then that guy can open and abuse your eBay account.

Bob K.

Old October 13th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

Paul Tomblin wrote:
Unless you stupidly follow links in the seller-supplied section of the
listing, or suggestions to email the seller.

Making and off eBay purchase from a eBay seller isn't going to get your
account hacked.

No, that's what you get if you follow links in the seller-supplied section
of the listing.

pretty stupid or ignorant to fall for these scams. Also buying an
expensive item like the Garmin GPS or a laptop computer from a 0
feedback seller is just plain stupid and I have a hard time feeling

The whole reason they want the userids and passwords for people's ebay
accounts is so that can sell their vapourware using an account that has
good positive feedback. Like I said, these fake sales kept popping up
under different ids, and would always have a different email address to
contact them, and say something like "Don't use the 'contact the seller'
button because I never use that email account any more".

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
Unix is an operating system, OS/2 is half an operating system, Windows
Old October 20th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
wright1902glider

Ever see a Wright machine up close? Or even in photos? Until 1905,
everything the Wrights built is better classified as "test equipment"
or "prototype flying machine" than airplane. Not pretty, not refined,
just enough to work out the technical details. And when they did go to
sell their machines in 1906, they had already flown for over 40
minutes. Santos was still measuring his flights in seconds.

Ever see the prototype Skycar? Man! Its pretty! And sexy! And it looks
really good on TV... lots of shiny red carbon-fiber, etc. Can't fly
worth a damn though. If it really works and isn't a scam, why doesn't
Moller just get in it, hover out of ground effect for a minute or so,
and then transition into level flight? Why? Um, because he can't. $100
million+, and he still can't do what both Bell and Ryan did in the
'50's with old helicopter and used tractor parts.

Harry