A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

New soaring video!

Old November 10th 12, 09:37 PM

First recorded activity by AviationBanter: Nov 2012
Default New soaring video!

Hey,

I just finished my soaring video, and would love to get some feedback.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-3xxWJDFUI

What do you think?

-soaring
Old November 15th 12, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
akiley
external usenet poster

Not bad for a first try. Try to hold the camera smoother for the Shots on the ground. Try some disolves between jump cuts. Jump cuts are similar angles where the camera pauses, then starts again. I like the canopy on the ground then lifted on the glider. Nice to see what Fayence looks like. .... Aaron
Old November 15th 12, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve
external usenet poster

On Saturday, November 10, 2012 3:37:56 PM UTC-6, soaring23 wrote:
Hey,

I just finished my soaring video, and would love to get some feedback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-3xxWJDFUI

What do you think?

-soaring

--

soaring23

It's fun to see other people's soaring videos. Thanks for posting it. BTW, what camera(s) and editing software are you using. I use a Contour HD camera for the outside aircraft mounted video and iMovie for the editing.

Steve
Old November 15th 12, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)
external usenet poster

Good stuff. Keep working at it, as will all thinks you will improve with practice.
Old November 15th 12, 06:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Terry Pitts
external usenet poster

It's fun to see other people's soaring videos. Thanks for posting it. BTW, what camera(s) and editing software are you using. I use a Contour HD camera for the outside aircraft mounted video and iMovie for the editing.

Soaring23 - you must have some sort of copyrighted music; it's blocked here in Germany.

Here are all my videos (not all flying) on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/ltcterry2006?feature=mhee I have a couple aerobatic videos, one compilation of five flights on one day into a single video, and one "story/documentary" video. One of the videos has a European version and an American version so I can use music I like but my German friends can see it, too.

All in flight video was shot with a ContourHD mounted on a suction cup arm (you can see the shadow in the LS4 video) or on a headband. The "documentary" one was shot with a Canon HF200. I've been experimenting some with my Nikon D90 doing DSLR video - it has much to offer, but some short comings too..

I use iMovie on my Macbook Pro. I've done all the aviation videos with with either a 15" or 17" Mac. I just bought a 27" Apple Thunderbolt Display and am loving it for video - enough real estate to see the images!

Terry