New soaring video!

Old November 10th 12, 09:37 PM
soaring23 soaring23 is offline
Junior Member

Default New soaring video!

Hey,

I just finished my soaring video, and would love to get some feedback.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-3xxWJDFUI

What do you think?

-soaring
Old November 15th 12, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
akiley

Not bad for a first try. Try to hold the camera smoother for the Shots on the ground. Try some disolves between jump cuts. Jump cuts are similar angles where the camera pauses, then starts again. I like the canopy on the ground then lifted on the glider. Nice to see what Fayence looks like. .... Aaron
Old November 15th 12, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve

--

soaring23

It's fun to see other people's soaring videos. Thanks for posting it. BTW, what camera(s) and editing software are you using. I use a Contour HD camera for the outside aircraft mounted video and iMovie for the editing.

Steve
Old November 15th 12, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Good stuff. Keep working at it, as will all thinks you will improve with practice.
Old November 15th 12, 06:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Terry Pitts

It's fun to see other people's soaring videos. Thanks for posting it. BTW, what camera(s) and editing software are you using. I use a Contour HD camera for the outside aircraft mounted video and iMovie for the editing.

Soaring23 - you must have some sort of copyrighted music; it's blocked here in Germany.

Here are all my videos (not all flying) on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/ltcterry2006?feature=mhee I have a couple aerobatic videos, one compilation of five flights on one day into a single video, and one "story/documentary" video. One of the videos has a European version and an American version so I can use music I like but my German friends can see it, too.

All in flight video was shot with a ContourHD mounted on a suction cup arm (you can see the shadow in the LS4 video) or on a headband. The "documentary" one was shot with a Canon HF200. I've been experimenting some with my Nikon D90 doing DSLR video - it has much to offer, but some short comings too..

I use iMovie on my Macbook Pro. I've done all the aviation videos with with either a 15" or 17" Mac. I just bought a 27" Apple Thunderbolt Display and am loving it for video - enough real estate to see the images!

Terry

Soaring Video MikeCarris Soaring 0 September 29th 11 01:47 AM
soaring video with Flarm in use Brad[_2_] Soaring 19 September 18th 10 10:14 AM
my 2009 soaring video Luke[_4_] Soaring 17 October 30th 09 03:43 PM
New Tabajara Soaring Video! [email protected] Soaring 1 November 3rd 06 07:23 PM
New Soaring Video Paul Remde Soaring 0 October 11th 06 10:13 PM