Are sectional available on line??

Old August 3rd 03, 06:02 AM

Default Are sectional available on line??

Been looking around and seeing if I could get charts printed out for areas
for use with my PP-99. How about approach plates?

- dave

Old August 4th 03, 12:10 AM
Tom S.

"Justin" wrote in message
Try this:

https://164.214.2.62/products/digitalaero/index.cfm

Everything you'll ever need in that regard.

Including the spyware it attempts to load onto your system?

Old August 4th 03, 02:39 AM
Justin

No spyware here.

This is a US government site.

National Imagery and Mapping Administration. They provide all the digital
data to the US military and most every other national security agencies.
The vast majority of the stuff they provide is classified secret.

And notice the "https:"?

What sort of spyware do you think it's trying to load?

Justin\FSG

Old August 4th 03, 03:06 AM
Tom S.

"Justin" wrote in message
.. .
No spyware here.

This is a US government site.

National Imagery and Mapping Administration. They provide all the digital
data to the US military and most every other national security agencies.
The vast majority of the stuff they provide is classified secret.

And notice the "https:"?

What sort of spyware do you think it's trying to load?

Don't know...my firewall went nuts.

Old August 4th 03, 03:14 AM
Tom S.

"Justin" wrote in message
.. .
Uh, I meant to say "Agency" not "Administration"

"Justin" wrote in message
.. .
No spyware here.

This is a US government site.

National Imagery and Mapping Administration. They provide all the

digital
data to the US military and most every other national security agencies.
The vast majority of the stuff they provide is classified secret.

And notice the "https:"?

What sort of spyware do you think it's trying to load?

I get an "Invalid Security Certificate" from the firewall along with
"Certificate is from a site you have listed as untrusted".

Old August 4th 03, 08:02 AM
Carl Frisk

I didn't see any spyware. I did see that it had an invalid certificate
issued to newwwww2. It is a .mil site.

--
.... Carl Frisk

Old August 5th 03, 02:16 PM
Sydney Hoeltzli

Been looking around and seeing if I could get charts printed out for areas
for use with my PP-99. How about approach plates?

Chris,

I don't know a source for free sectionals online. You can buy a
"sim pack" of chart chunks from
http://www.aeroplanner.com for
$50 BUT, you can buy a 1 month "premium membership" for $12 and
unlimited chart downloads are free .

Free approach plates are available at
http://www.myairplane.com
Select NOAA Approach Plates
Type in the airport ID, or search by state
I believe it's US, Canada, Hawaii, not the whole world.

They are not quite the quality of the approach plates online at
http://www.aopa.org, but you have to join AOPA (aircraft owners
and pilot's association) in order to get access to the latter.
Not a bad thing to do if you're interested in flying, they have
a good monthly magazine, weather, articles and safety features
and will help wanna-be pilots with medical and legal issues.

HTH,
Sydney

Red line Emilio Military Aviation 2 June 5th 04 04:49 AM
Getting students to line up with the center line BoDEAN Piloting 27 April 21st 04 11:23 AM
us air force us air force academy us air force bases air force museum us us air force rank us air force reserve adfunk Jehad Internet Military Aviation 0 February 7th 04 05:24 AM
AVIATIONTOOLBOX: how I convert sectional maps to map chunks Kyler Laird General Aviation 2 December 4th 03 02:09 AM
CAD outline of Rans S6S instrument panel? Rob Turk Home Built 2 October 21st 03 09:27 PM