Uh-Oh

Old August 23rd 04, 02:41 PM
Mike Rapoport

Default Uh-Oh

Here I am 90min before I have to leave to take the ATP written and I
discover that some of the answers in the software that I have been using to
study for the test are wrong!

Mike
MU-2

Old August 23rd 04, 04:00 PM
Victor J. Osborne, Jr.

Let us know how you do and what you feel is the hardest part, please.

{|;-)

Victor J. (Jim) Osborne, Jr.

Old August 23rd 04, 04:33 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Victor J. Osborne, Jr. wrote:

Let us know how you do and what you feel is the hardest part, please.

And the software you used too!!!

Old August 23rd 04, 07:09 PM
Tony Roberts

Hi Mike

Good luck with the exam.

Tony

--
Tony Roberts )
PP-ASEL

Old August 23rd 04, 11:12 PM
Mike Rapoport

For me, the hardest part was memorizing the Part 135 and Part 121
regulations since I have never flown in a commercial enviornment. Also
there were a lot of "gotyas" if you didn't read the question carefully.

Mike
MU-2

Old August 23rd 04, 11:13 PM
Mike Rapoport

It was the Dauntless software.

Mike
MU-2

"Darrel Toepfer" wrote in message
news

Old August 23rd 04, 11:19 PM
Mike Rapoport

After I bought the Dauntless test software I bought the King course. On a
particular question, I couldn't figure out why the answer I kept coming up
with was wrong (I was sure it was right), so I checked it against the answer
in the King book. The answer in the King book agreed with mine. Once I
found one error I became skeptical and cross checked the answers when there
was a doubt. I found another error within 25 questions. At that point I
decided that I would just do the best I could on the test.

It worked out OK in the end since I passed with a 94.

Mike
MU-2

Old August 23rd 04, 11:48 PM
CB

Dauntless has its problems, the worst of which are the inadequate
explanations in some areas eg Holding patterns. They have the same diagram
and spout the same words whatever the question is about. There are
questions where you give the right answer and the software marks you as
wrong.

Having said that I managed to achieve 97% on both the private and Instrument
real tests using the Dauntless package for doing simulated tests. The
deficiencies just mean you have to be sure the know the correct answers not
just know the appropriate response.

cb

ink.net...

Old August 24th 04, 12:48 AM
Ryan Ferguson

Mike Rapoport wrote:

Here I am 90min before I have to leave to take the ATP written and I
discover that some of the answers in the software that I have been using to
study for the test are wrong!

Mike
MU-2

What, you didn't update via the ASA website? Anyway, just go take the
test, already. The score's not all that important.

-Ryan
ATP - 93 on the written