Electronic Pilots Log?

Old July 2nd 03, 06:50 PM
Ian Leslie

Default Electronic Pilots Log?

Hi All,

Is there some software that will record your piolts log elcetronically, Free
or shareware. Ideally it will compute leg lenghts (as crow flies from ICAO
airport codes)

If anyone can tell me it would be a great help.

Yours hopefully,

Ian

Old July 2nd 03, 10:38 PM
Ian Leslie

Yes please.

you will need to remove NOspam from the e-mail address.

Cheers Victor

Ian
"Victor J. Osborne, Jr." wrote in message
I've got a great Excel spreadsheet from somebody. It tracks currency,

time
in type, monthly, etc.

Let me know if you want it. I'll blank it out for you to start with.

Thx, {|;-)

Victor J. (Jim) Osborne, Jr.

take off my shoes to reply

Old July 3rd 03, 05:10 AM
Larry Fransson

In article ,
"Ian Leslie" wrote:

Is there some software that will record your piolts log elcetronically, Free
or shareware. Ideally it will compute leg lenghts (as crow flies from ICAO
airport codes)

For which platform?

--
Larry Fransson
Aviation software for Mac OS X!
Old July 3rd 03, 05:52 PM
gpsposter

"Ian Leslie" wrote in
:

Doesn't have the leg lengths, but check out www.logshare.com
Old July 3rd 03, 06:47 PM
Jim Weir

I'm not a big fan of logshare, in that the data does not reside on my machine,
and the data can be accessed by hackers.

I'm still waiting to find a good shareware for the Windoze/Excel/Access
environment with few/no bells and whistles.

Jim

gpsposter

-"Ian Leslie" wrote in
:
-
- Hi All,
-

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old July 5th 03, 09:09 AM
Ed Ludlow

www.e-logbooks.com

----------------
Ed Ludlow
Student PPL(A)
Manston EGMH

Old July 5th 03, 10:29 AM
Nosegear

gpsposter wrote in news:Xns93AD8310A7C86gpsposter@
65.24.7.150:

"Ian Leslie" wrote in
:

Hi All,

Is there some software that will record your piolts log
elcetronically, Free or shareware. Ideally it will compute leg
lenghts (as crow flies from ICAO airport codes)

If anyone can tell me it would be a great help.

Yours hopefully,

Ian

Doesn't have the leg lengths, but check out www.logshare.com

Check www.polarisms.com for Aerolog Pro. Also does the leg lengths . . Not
the cheapest but I think it's the best.

Nosegear
Old July 5th 03, 06:48 PM
Peter Duniho

"Peter" wrote in message

Does anyone know what requirements, if any, does the *UK* CAA have for
*written* records? (I notice this thread is crossposted to the
rec.aviation.* American newsgroups)

Minor nit:

While uk.rec.aviation is decidely a UK-specific newsgroup, the
rec.aviation.* newsgroups are NOT US-specific. While it's true the majority
of posters are from the US, they are the generic world-wide newsgroups.

And sorry, no...I'm not familiar with the UK CAA regulations. If they are
similar to the US rules, all that's required is a "reliable record", where
"reliable" is left undefined. Nothing about the US rules stipulate a
written record. I imagine that if you did a careful read of the CAA
regulations (which presumably you have a copy of) regarding logbooks, you'd
be able to figure out whether they specifically require a written record or
not.

Pete

Old July 11th 03, 08:54 PM
journeyman

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 18:38:35 GMT, Ron Rapp
wrote:

I'm not a big fan of logshare, in that the data does not reside on
my machine,
and the data can be accessed by hackers.

The data can be downloaded by you in CSV format at any time, so you'll
have a copy on your own computer.

[Jumping into the thread late]

That doesn't address the second issue.

Besides, once you have the raw data in a parseable text format (like,
say, Comma-Separated Values), what do you need some third-party software
for? Throw it into your favorite spreadsheet or write a Perl script.
It's a good introductory programming exercise.

I've kept my paper logbook for the legal record, but I've typed the
data into Lisp-style lists. Then, I can do queries on stuff that
isn't built in: "how much night solo time do I have?", "How many
landings have I done at a particular airport?" etc.

Morris
Old July 13th 03, 12:42 AM
Gilan

I use the great program as a backup to my paper log book. I recommend this
program for anyone that wants a nice computer backup logbook.
http://forpilots.com/logbook/

--
Have a good day and stay out of the trees!
See ya on Sport Aircraft group

Join "The Ultralight & Experimental Aircraft SiteRing"
http://pub27.bravenet.com/sitering/a...num=2286862090

"Ian Leslie" wrote ..