Minden In Two Weeks

Old August 6th 04, 04:30 AM
ADP

Default Minden In Two Weeks

Go to:
http://www.mindensoaringclub.org/

On the left click "Visiting Minden:
Then click "Fly Minden" in the center.

Allan

"Carl Buehler" wrote in message
om...
Hello All,

I live in Florida, And myself and a few others are heading out to Minden
in two weeks for a weeks package of soaring. I have been to AirNav.com
and was looking over the airport info for Minden (KMEV). And looking up
other information on the Internet.

Any advice from this group about Soaring at Minden and airport proceedures
at (KMEV) would be very appreciated.

Carl

Old August 7th 04, 12:55 PM
Carl Buehler

Thanks everyone for your replies to this group and private
email. This info is very helpful. I do have another question?
We are flying to Minden from Florida. And I was planning on just carring
a carry-on. But wanted to bring some soaring equipment.

Hand held Aviation radio (Vertex Standard)
Ball Cricket Vario
Garmin GPS 76S
ASA CX2 flight computer
Several battery chargers.

A second small carry-on. SouthWest allows two.

Camera bag with digital Video camcorder
and Digital Camera.

Will I have any trouble carring these items with
Airport security measures the way they are?

Carl
Old August 7th 04, 02:22 PM
Stewart Kissel

Eventually you probably will get through security with
those, but why not make things simple and UPS them
to Minden?

Old August 10th 04, 01:51 AM
tvlawyer

Last year I moved a 172 to Kissimmee from Atlanta. I flew home through MCO.
I was given the once-over several times, no thanks to my pilot bag full of
headset, GPS, handheld VHF and approach plates.

"Jeremy Zawodny" wrote in message
Carl Buehler wrote:

Thanks everyone for your replies to this group and private
email. This info is very helpful. I do have another question?
We are flying to Minden from Florida. And I was planning on just carring
a carry-on. But wanted to bring some soaring equipment.

Hand held Aviation radio (Vertex Standard)
Ball Cricket Vario
Garmin GPS 76S
ASA CX2 flight computer
Several battery chargers.

A second small carry-on. SouthWest allows two.

Camera bag with digital Video camcorder
and Digital Camera.

Will I have any trouble carring these items with
Airport security measures the way they are?

I don't think so. I flew to Florida earlier this year with similar
equipment. I was there for a conference but got in a good day of flying
at Seminole Lake too. :-)

Jeremy

Weeks Solution and Weeks Special Mirco Aerobatics 0 October 2nd 04 04:11 PM
Flight from Minden to Steamboat Springs, Colorado? Bill Daniels Soaring 2 April 20th 04 06:03 AM
Minden Entry List JJ Sinclair Soaring 0 March 31st 04 03:04 PM
Minden needs you ... Al MacDonald Soaring 1 January 19th 04 05:17 PM