L-13

Old August 6th 04, 11:05 AM
Ray Lovinggood

Default L-13

We lube externally the external bridle (sp?) connection
on our L-13 when the release gets a bit sticky. While
we don't ever use the bridle connection, they do tend
to create friction in the system when left unlubed.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

At 03:24 06 August 2004, Jj Sinclair wrote:
In most ships, the cable attached to the release handle
goes around a
'walking pulley' and then goes to the nose tow hook.
The walking
pulley is attached to the CG tow hook. When pulling,
the weaker tow
hook will open first, then the tow hook with stronger
springs will
actuate.

At Hobbs, last week we found an LS-8 with the same
problem. It had a
rats nest right on top of the walking pulley. Every
time the pilot
pulled the release, some of the rats nest was pulled
into the pulley.
You might pull the seat pan and have a look at the
cable runs.
Lubricate both tow hooks and the walking pulley while
in there.
JJ