Living in Aluminum

Old February 14th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Living in Aluminum

Jay, do you have a 30 amp hook up outside?

30 amps? Dang, we've got houses around here that don't have 30 amp service!

We'll make it work, though. Coming for the OSH party?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 14th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,alt.rv.airstream

Michelle wrote:
Well things are certainly changing around Michelle's household.
A contract on dream property in Montana (room for my airplane too),
putting my house in Virginia on the market and I have no idea where I am
going to be working in a couple of months.

Where in Montana are you moving to?
Old February 14th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe wrote:
"Michelle" wrote in message
link.net...
To make this a little easier I decided it was time to purchase something I
have wanted for years..... An Airstream Classic 31.
There is just something about riveted aluminum, and I get to live in it!

http://www.hfmgv.org/dymaxion/index.html

Just in case you want to want to continue to live in aluminium...

Aircraft content - It was built by Beech in Wichita...

Why be half-assed? Go all the way:

http://www.airplanehome.com/

Old February 14th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I love it. Actually My new house will be in forest fire area. One
design
criteria will be a non-flammable exterior.
Michelle

Some links you may find useful. (please forgive me if you already know
about this info...)
http://www.keepgreen.org/Landscaping.htm
http://www.firewise.org/pubs/fwc/mainprez_index.html
http://www.watersystemscouncil.org/V...7Insert_23.PDF

Happy moving!

Randy

Old February 15th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Montblack wrote:
("Michelle" wrote)

I love it. Actually My new house will be in forest fire area. One
design criteria will be a non-flammable exterior.

http://www.monolithic.com/
Monolithic Dome Homes + Hangars

http://www.monolithic.com/gallery/ho...ill/index.html
For sale in Montana

Montblack

I have seen those before and I expect to incorporate some of the design
features of a monlithic dome.
The House will be partially buried into the hill.
Michelle
Old February 15th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,alt.rv.airstream

john smith wrote:
Well things are certainly changing around Michelle's household.
A contract on dream property in Montana (room for my airplane too),
putting my house in Virginia on the market and I have no idea where I am
going to be working in a couple of months.

Am I the first to volunteer to fly your aircraft to join you at your new
home?

Actually this first to publicly ask. I already have a long time friend
who has said she would go. Gonna be a fun ride.
Michelle
Old February 15th 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Jay Honeck wrote:
Jay, do you have a 30 amp hook up outside?

30 amps? Dang, we've got houses around here that don't have 30 amp service!

We'll make it work, though. Coming for the OSH party?

Jay,
I will if the schedule permits. Not sure where I am going to be.
Michelle
Old February 15th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,alt.rv.airstream

Newps wrote:

Michelle wrote:

Well things are certainly changing around Michelle's household.
A contract on dream property in Montana (room for my airplane too),
putting my house in Virginia on the market and I have no idea where I
am going to be working in a couple of months.

Where in Montana are you moving to?

Western, Outside Missoula
and no I am not going to get any more specific in a public forum. I
value my privacy.
Michelle
Old February 15th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,alt.rv.airstream

ET wrote:
Michelle wrote in
link.net:

Well things are certainly changing around Michelle's household.
A contract on dream property in Montana (room for my airplane too),
putting my house in Virginia on the market and I have no idea where I
am going to be working in a couple of months.

To make this a little easier I decided it was time to purchase
something
I have wanted for years..... An Airstream Classic 31.
There is just something about riveted aluminum, and I get to live in
it!

Jay, do you have a 30 amp hook up outside?

Michelle

unless you need to run the airconditioner you dont need the 30 amp
hookup (the microwave may be a bit much as well, depending on what else
you run at the same time) Get the adaptor from camping world to plug
into a regular plug.

Yeah I know. I can make one for the same money and have it done in 30
minutes with better quality parts.
Michelle