Ted, your LX logger.........

Old June 24th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Ted, your LX logger.........

Ted, I watched your flight. At the WGC 2006, in the 18 Meter class, AS,
would do the same as yours. His logger is a LX( the model I don't
know. I have his igc file, and flight properties show it to be a LX.)
and the vertical climbs are the same. What Eric says, could be true,
as even if the antenna has clear view to the sky, its construction
might not allow a signal to be received continuiously while in a turn.
Remember, the antenna is now on a angle, while banked, and maybe its
construction is not allowing it to receive while in a bank. The window
on winpilot saying awaiting gps lock, is telling you have lost the
signal. Can your set the recording rate at a slower pace? As on a 302,
you can set it on several diffent rates. Maybe that's a answer, a slim
one. But, if somehow, you have learned to go straight up, as that
glider does on See You, please do tell..............# 711.

Old June 24th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks Tom. I'm a little irritated that this is happening with my new,
more expen$ive LX7007 when it didn't happen with my LX5000. It's the
same (physical) antenna that came with my LX7000, which I sent in to be
upgraded to LX7007 over the winter, and I don't recall the LX7000
having this problem.

This week I'm going to swap the positions of the two antenna (LX and
302) and see what happens at Ely next week.

Had a couple of thermals in that last flight that felt like they were
going straight up though!

-ted

Old June 25th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The two antennae are at opposite ends (fore and aft) of the panel
cover. Their positions were selected to be as far apart as possible.
The total distance is right around a foot.

Old June 25th 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Not sure if it means anything but the 302's receiver unit is a lot
larger than the LX's.

Old June 26th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

snip Have you discussed your problem with LX? /snip

But of course. Here's what I sent the factory a week ago: "Please see
the attached log file from 18 June. There are numerous segments of the
file where the GPS location does not change (especially when circling).
I actually checked my antenna location before the flight and it is
clear and unobstructed. Do you know what might be causing this problem?
(It also causes WinPilot to report "Waiting for GPS lock ...")"

Here's the answer I got back: "This is a phenomena of GPS receiver,
generally is nothing wrong."

~ted/2NO