SSA Badge Approval

Old November 23rd 10, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lanebush

Default SSA Badge Approval

I realize that a new badge person is either in training or just been
trained. Has anyone received an approval lately? I have had a badge
submission in for over two months and heard nothing. The SSA staff
assures me that he should be getting to in any time now. I am
wondering if anyone else has better info.

Lane
XF
Old November 24th 10, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

On Nov 23, 5:47*pm, lanebush wrote:
I realize that a new badge person is either in training or just been
trained. *Has anyone received an approval lately? *I have had a badge
submission in for over two months and heard nothing. *The SSA staff
assures me that he should be getting to in any time now. *I am
wondering if anyone else has better info.

Lane
XF

Yep. And it was quick, too.

email:

I'm guessing that for whatever reason Rollin does not have your
application. He turned around a bunch of altitude claims from our
wave camp in a very timely fashion.

-Evan Ludeman / T8

Old November 24th 10, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Nov 23, 4:47*pm, lanebush wrote:
I realize that a new badge person is either in training or just been
trained. *Has anyone received an approval lately? *I have had a badge
submission in for over two months and heard nothing. *The SSA staff
assures me that he should be getting to in any time now. *I am
wondering if anyone else has better info.

Lane
XF

Things were slow this summer but seem to have picked back up. I'd
email the "badge dude" and see if he has your stuff. He was really
responsive to an email I sent him earlier this fall.
Old November 24th 10, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Rollin e-mailed me without my asking, to let me know he'd received my
application, CD and calibration for Diamond Distance from SSA
Headquarters. A week later he e-mailed again, to let me know he'd
approved my claim.

He's seems like a good guy. I get the impression he’s a little
overwhelmed at the moment. An e-mail to him would be appropriate.

-John

Old November 25th 10, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jeff Casto[_2_]

At 14:37 24 November 2010, jcarlyle wrote:
Rollin e-mailed me without my asking, to let me know he'd received my
application, CD and calibration for Diamond Distance from SSA
Headquarters. A week later he e-mailed again, to let me know he'd
approved my claim.

He's seems like a good guy. I get the impression he=92s a little
overwhelmed at the moment. An e-mail to him would be appropriate.

-John

On Nov 23, 5:47 pm, lanebush wrote:
I realize that a new badge person is either in training or just been
trained. Has anyone received an approval lately? I have had a badge
submission in for over two months and heard nothing. The SSA staff
assures me that he should be getting to in any time now. I am
wondering if anyone else has better info.

Lane
XF

I suspect that during the transition some things got lost. I submitted two
applications this summer, one in June and one in September. I never heard
anything on the earlier one, so I emailed Rollin. He said he never
received it, so I resubmitted. The latter application he handled very
quickly and emailed me to let me know he had processed and approved it.

Old November 27th 10, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lanebush

On Nov 24, 9:12*pm, Jeff Casto wrote:
[...]

He said he is checking into a few applications that may have gotten
over looked in the shuffle.

Lane
Old November 28th 10, 02:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
20flyer

All,

Things are somewhat backed up still. Right after Judy left, and
before Rollin took over,
Cindy Brickner was doing a lot of the badge/record work. She told me
that there was a
three month backlog she was working through, in addition to training
Rollin, running a
business, and doing some other SSA work.

Had a friend finish up a Silver Badge that took about three weeks.
I've submitted a
record flight in early October, but Cindy hasn't been able to get to
it yet, nor has it been
forwarded to Rollin. This all needs a bit more time to settle out.
Don't believe things
are happening in chronological order right now

Steve
Old November 28th 10, 04:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

I agree, Steve. Probably the best thing one can do now is to fly a
badge flight such that there are minimal interpretation difficulties.
If it's easy to verify as per FAI Sporting Code, it'll get approved
fast. If there are nuances involved, it'll take longer.

-John

Old November 28th 10, 01:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lanebush

On Nov 27, 11:37*pm, jcarlyle wrote:
I agree, Steve. Probably the best thing one can do now is to fly a
badge flight such that there are minimal interpretation difficulties.
If it's easy to verify as per FAI Sporting Code, it'll get approved
fast. If there are nuances involved, it'll take longer.

-John

On Nov 27, 9:48 pm, 20flyer wrote:

This all needs a bit more time to settle out.
Don't believe things
are happening in chronological order right now

Steve

The leg I am waiting on is the Silver duration. Pretty straight
forward. Just an affidavit and a witness that I was observed in the
air for over five hours.

Lane
XF