A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Traveling Checkride Examiner

Old October 30th 18, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas
external usenet poster

Default Traveling Checkride Examiner

The FAA has granted the privilege (for which I am honored and grateful) to travel most anywhere around the USA (plus Alaska and Hawaii) to conduct your glider pilot checkride for PVT, COM, INITIAL CFI, CFI "add-on", CFI Renewal and a Reinstatement of an expired CFI-Glider.

As your Designated Pilot Examiner, I'm Fun, Fair and Faithful to the FAA Practical Test Standards (PTS.)

Note that I can now conduct your INITIAL Flight Instructor-Glider Certificate Practical Test ("checkride.")

Let's discuss the possibilities at burtcompton(at) (A0L) d0t com
My Facebook page with photos is "Burton Compton" - for your amusement.

Old October 31st 18, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cookie
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 12:05:58 PM UTC-4, Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas wrote:
The FAA has granted the privilege (for which I am honored and grateful) to travel most anywhere around the USA (plus Alaska and Hawaii) to conduct your glider pilot checkride for PVT, COM, INITIAL CFI, CFI "add-on", CFI Renewal and

Cost?

BC

a Reinstatement of an expired CFI-Glider.

As your Designated Pilot Examiner, I'm Fun, Fair and Faithful to the FAA Practical Test Standards (PTS.)

Note that I can now conduct your INITIAL Flight Instructor-Glider Certificate Practical Test ("checkride.")

Old October 31st 18, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Curt Lewis - 95
external usenet poster

That's awesome Burt! .. Thanks for everything you do for the sport. - Curt
Old October 31st 18, 09:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
external usenet poster

Cost?

Let's discuss the possibilities privately at burtcompton(at) (A0L) d0t com

First, I'll need to know When, Where and Which glider certificate or rating the applicant is seeking.
Then I can estimate the cost for the applicant (or club)to reimburse me for travel expenses, etc.

Double up / Triple up. I am now allowed to conduct up to 3 checkrides in one day, if time permits.
Two or three applicants could split up the reimbursement of my travel costs.

Burt
Marfa, Texas (I fly commercial airline out of El Paso (ELP) or Midland (MAF) Texas airports.)
Old November 1st 18, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 10:05:58 AM UTC-6, Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas wrote:
The FAA has granted the privilege (for which I am honored and grateful) to travel most anywhere around the USA (plus Alaska and Hawaii) to conduct your glider pilot checkride for PVT, COM, INITIAL CFI, CFI "add-on", CFI Renewal and a Reinstatement of an expired CFI-Glider.

For iGlide support, try emailing them at . I've been in communication with Frank Woidich (AIR Avionics, which I believe is the parent company), regarding a few suggested upgrades, and have found him to be very receptive to input, which has been quite helpful.
Old December 28th 18, 02:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
external usenet poster

Organizing my travel for glider check rides anywhere in the USA in 2019.
Who's next?
Old January 11th 19, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
external usenet poster

Booking more glider-rating checkrides, geographically:
Southeast USA in February.
Utah in April.
Anywhere in May.
Midwest in June.
Or come to Marfa in southwest Texas for my free checkrides!

PVT, COM, Initial CFIG, Renewals and Reinstatements along with your "Rusty Pilot" course.

Old January 12th 19, 03:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
external usenet poster

Update:
Utah checkrides will be in March 2019.
I'm available to travel for your checkride in April, May, July . . . and though the rest of 2019.

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 8:18:54 PM UTC-6, Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas wrote:
Booking more glider-rating checkrides, geographically:
Southeast USA in February.
Utah in April.
Anywhere in May.
Midwest in June.
Or come to Marfa in southwest Texas for my free checkrides!

PVT, COM, Initial CFIG, Renewals and Reinstatements along with your "Rusty Pilot" course.

Old January 12th 19, 05:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Wayland
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 12:05:58 PM UTC-4, Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas wrote:

Burt, do you still have your dads open Cirrus? Gary. Happy New Year....