Rangel wants to draft 18-42 to continue with the war for Israel agenda

Old November 21st 06, 11:41 AM posted to soc.veterans,alt.military.retired,alt.military,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

Default Rangel wants to draft 18-42 to continue with the war for Israel agenda

"Daryl Hunt" wrote in message

No freedom-loving American advocates forcing anyone into uniform.

One can be a freedom loving American but have to understand the price. I
know of a whole two generations that paid that price. If we aren't
willing to pay that price then we don't deserve freedom.

You don't have freedom if you're forced to do something.

Old November 21st 06, 07:46 PM posted to soc.veterans,alt.military.retired,alt.military,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Robert M. Gary

POIUYT wrote:
Well, we cannot attack the Bush twins nor any others their age or families
because we still have an all volunteer force. No one is forced into uniform
nowadays and I believe that is just plain wrong.

EVERY AMERICAN should spend some time in uniform and somewhere overseas to
finally appreciate what we have here.

The boys go fight and get blown up and shot at while the girls stay in
support functions where they may be a little safer. Iraq is special now
because no place is any safer than any other so many of our girls get hurt
and killed anyway.

Very true. In fact the death count in D.C. continues to be higher than
the count in Iraq. You're safer in Iraq than the streets of D.C.

-Robert

Old November 21st 06, 10:26 PM posted to soc.veterans,alt.military.retired,alt.military,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:26:46 -0500, Peter Skelton
wrote:

One can be a freedom loving American but have to understand the price. I
know of a whole two generations that paid that price. If we aren't willing
to pay that price then we don't deserve freedom.

The last time you went for a slave army, it didn't work out too
well.

By your definition all the major forces of WWII were "slave" armies.

The NVA was also a "slave" army.

So was Saddam's. So is Israel's.

So maybe your as full of **** as a Thanksgiving turkey.

Bill Kambic
Haras Lucero, Kingston, TN
Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão
Old November 22nd 06, 04:25 AM posted to soc.veterans,alt.military.retired,alt.military,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:02:31 -0500, Peter Skelton
wrote:

My statement is obviously correct, you could not challenge it.

I did not challenge it. I only pointed out a historical fact. Some
"slave" armies won, some lost.

It's interesting that you stuff your turkeys with ****, it
possibly explains a lot. We have better recipies here in
Canukistan.

I met some fine Canadians at Ft. Knox earlier this year. I've
relatives in Toronto. I've visited many times over my 12 lustrums.
Most I've met were "salt of the earth" folks.

But there are exceptions to every rule.

My comment addresses the following exchange:

Regarding mandatory, uniformed service, McNicoll says, "No
freedom-loving American advocates forcing anyone into uniform."

Hunt replies:

"One can be a freedom loving American but have to understand the
price. I know of a whole two generations that paid that price. If we
aren't willing to pay that price then we don't deserve freedom."

You then chime in with a non-sequitur: "The last time you went for a
slave army, it didn't work out too well."

Aside from the sheer illogiic of your comment you display the typical
lack of historical knowledge or perspective common in North American
Yuppiescum and their spawn. I'm not sure what your point was. I
doubt you know what your point was.

Old November 22nd 06, 04:29 AM posted to soc.veterans,alt.military.retired,alt.military,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
tomcervo

Robert M. Gary wrote:
Very true. In fact the death count in D.C. continues to be higher than
the count in Iraq. You're safer in Iraq than the streets of D.C.

Take that DC death count--the real one--and subtract from that the
number of "drug-related" corner boys killing corner boys. Take the Iraq
death count and add to it the number of catastrophic body
damage--people who will never walk, talk, see, think straight again.
And your Iraq death count, of course, will include the thousands of
Iraqis caught in the crossfire. I mean, their welfare was the point of
this war, according to the neo-cons--or are they some kind of non-human
casualty not to considered in your debased calculations?

Old November 22nd 06, 05:29 AM posted to soc.veterans,alt.military.retired,alt.military,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Dan[_2_]

tomcervo wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:
Very true. In fact the death count in D.C. continues to be higher than
the count in Iraq. You're safer in Iraq than the streets of D.C.

Take that DC death count--the real one--and subtract from that the
number of "drug-related" corner boys killing corner boys. Take the Iraq
death count and add to it the number of catastrophic body
damage--people who will never walk, talk, see, think straight again.
And your Iraq death count, of course, will include the thousands of
Iraqis caught in the crossfire. I mean, their welfare was the point of
this war, according to the neo-cons--or are they some kind of non-human
casualty not to considered in your debased calculations?

Is there logic to that argument?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old November 22nd 06, 02:41 PM posted to soc.veterans,alt.military.retired,alt.military,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Peter Skelton

wrote:

My statement is obviously correct, you could not challenge it.

I did not challenge it. I only pointed out a historical fact. Some
"slave" armies won, some lost.

In other words, you could not challenge it, I pointed out a
historical fact.

[...]

Are you calling it a non-sequiter because it is true, because it
disagrees with your opinion, or both?

Aside from the sheer illogiic of your comment you display the typical
lack of historical knowledge or perspective common in North American
Yuppiescum and their spawn. I'm not sure what your point was. I
doubt you know what your point was.

What illogic? Are you trying to say that the Vietnam draft had a
good effect on the US? When a Repubnazi accuses someone of
something, like lack of knowledge, it is invariably a description
of himself.

Incidentally I agree with what Mr. Hunt has to say, but he fails
to address a crucial issue, whether such a draft would result in
a capable military.

If you're bloody stupid enough to go against modern military
opinion which holds that very high standards of personal
capability and character are essential to operate a modern
military, there's little hope for you.

Peter Skelton
Old November 22nd 06, 08:22 PM posted to soc.veterans,alt.military.retired,alt.military,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
SeaWoe

I'm not going to try to work through who said what and for what reason,
but would like to point out that at least two people think that the
draft was good.

My sister and I were discussing "our era" draft recently. She's a
retired Commander and my sign-off hints at my pay grade. We came from a
navy background and joined during the 1950s.
We grew up in a uppr-class bedroom suburb of Boston and it's unlikely
that we would have been exposed so closely to the American mixture of
races, religions, national backgrounds, etc had the draft not been in
effect during our time.
We both feel that we gained from this long-term exposure. Everyone is
an individual and we know enough not to think that we "know" their
thoughts or likely actions because of their ethnic background.

You can argue about what, if any, gain or loss the forces had from the
draft (I think it did), but it is damn certain that the nation, as a
whole, did gain.

Old November 23rd 06, 09:30 AM posted to soc.veterans,alt.military.retired,alt.military,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
fudog50

Hi Mike Wise,

Totally off topic but,

If you are who I think you are ( CWO4 retired USN?) then 'Id just like
to say hey. If you are, I'd like to chat sometime about the mess
currently at Whidbey with 1 CWO5 biilet and 1 combined
7341/7381,,,what a mess CDR E. and George made! Thanks to them for
contributing to the demise of shore billets for CWO's!

If not disregard.....

Regards,

CWO3 S.

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 02:26:49 GMT, Michael Wise wrote:

In article ,
"POIUYT" wrote:

Well, with Rangel being a Democrat, I bet his motivation is to get all of
the young able bodied men out of the way so he can chase some of that lonely
wife tail that will be around!

Typical Democrat.

Indeed...because if he was a Republican, he would be going after all the
lonely husband tail.

--Mike

wrote in message
ups.com...
Rangel wants to draft 18-42 to continue with the war for Israel agenda

http://www.itszone.co.uk/zone0/viewt...=309424#309424