Slightly OT, How do birds fly IMC?

Old May 28th 08, 01:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Default Slightly OT, How do birds fly IMC?

Stealth Pilot wrote:
no no no no. all blood has iron in it. haemoglobin molecules have a
core of 4 iron atoms. with 12 litres of blood in you you dont make the
compass swing when your hand is near it or have magnets sticking to
you. ...well I dont.

Grasshopper blood is copper based.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old May 28th 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:bHb%j.101947$y05.84617
@newsfe22.lga:

"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in message

LOL, "desire to", Geese have about the same IQ as Bertie,
(but at least they actually do fly). I've seen formations like

You are under estimating geese, and give Bertie far too much credit.

Oh ouch. luser boi is being mean to me again.

I may have to go away it smarts so much.

Or maybe not.

Bertie
Old May 28th 08, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:ZIb%j.101948$y05.58126
@newsfe22.lga:

"Tim Blite" wrote in message

I vaguely recall some time ago someone telling me that Geese use the
same sort of formation strategy as NASCAR drivers drafting on a

super
speedway. The formation creates less overall drag than individuals
flying alone. This enables them to use less energy flying and they

can
extend their range this way.

Dudley is an expert in a lot of things he knows nothing about.

Really? What?

Bertie
Old May 28th 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Maxwell wrote:
"Tim Blite" wrote in message
I vaguely recall some time ago someone telling me that Geese use the
same sort of formation strategy as NASCAR drivers drafting on a super
speedway. The formation creates less overall drag than individuals
flying alone. This enables them to use less energy flying and they can
extend their range this way.

Dudley is an expert in a lot of things he knows nothing about.

Hello there Mr. Maxwell.

First of all, I have absolutely no objection at all with your seemingly
anal fascination with the fact that my bio was put on Wikipedia by me
personally (actually my family put it there but I ok'd it :-), and I
have no problem at all with your constant under posting of non aviation
related pot shots at me as well as others. Usenet being what it is, you
take um as they come as they say.
I do however have a suggestion for you, and an observation for others
who read your postings, especially your posting to me.

It would seem from my limited research anyway, that anyone even doing a
cursory search of the posts you make on this aviation forum would be
hard pressed to find any posts by you dealing with serious aviation
discussion. It seems you favor an extremely large quantity of the type
of posts you post to me and others;
one line pot shots, insults, and Ad Hominem attacks.
I have a respectful suggestion for you that you might take me up on or
pass on as you see fit.

If I had as little respect for someone's opinion on aviation matters as
you appear to have for mine, I wouldn't hesitate to engage that person
on Usenet in a serious discussion on said aviation matters so that the
entire world could take a long hard look at just how uninformed and
phony that person actually is.
Might I suggest in this post to you now, that you do this exact thing
with me in the future.
Why not let the entire world witness once and for all just how right you
are about me, and while you're at it, why not engage the others you seem
not to respect or like in the same manner?
Your call! You can accept this friendly challenge which is presented to
you in plain sight of the entire forum, or you can underpost this post
with another "zinger".

--
Dudley Henriques

Old May 28th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

When you learn to make a point in less than 5000 words, I might.

Old May 29th 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Stealth Pilot wrote:
no no no no. all blood has iron in it. haemoglobin molecules have a
core of 4 iron atoms. with 12 litres of blood in you you dont make the
compass swing when your hand is near it or have magnets sticking to
you. ...well I dont.

Grasshopper blood is copper based.

As are Vulcans.

Grasshoppers are much easier to get a sample from. Mr. Spock keeps ducking out
whenever there's a needle around.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old May 29th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Maxwell wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

When you learn to make a point in less than 5000 words, I might.

Won't fly Max :-)
Attacking the length of a post isn't engaging on flying and aviation
content which is what you are being asked to do.
For example, any Google search on me or any poster who has been posting
on these forums for ten years or more will provide thousands of posts,
some long, some quite short. Your response is disingenuous to say the least.
What you are being asked to do is to engage me on CONTENT, not length.
You can easily post complaining about the length of someone's comments
without saying things like

Maxwell writes

"Dudley is an expert in many things he knows nothing about".

And I'm not the only one you try and nail this way.

I'll ask you again respectfully and without any kind of malice or
personal attack in response to your post, ;

I'm requesting respectfully once more of you that you engage me on
flying issues. If all the things you say about myself and others is
true, I think you should be allowed to show the world how correct you are.
Let's talk some flying shall we?
:-)

...and in DIRECT response to your post above, I will keep my replies
under 5000 words. Can't be more neutral than this can I?

--
Dudley Henriques
Old May 29th 08, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

Your unwillingness to trim a post, and limit your paragraphs to 500 words
doesn't either, dumb ass.

Old May 29th 08, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote:
Your unwillingness to trim a post, and limit your paragraphs to 500
words doesn't either, dumb ass.

I was out sick that day, or something, so I don't know what the trigger was
for your attacks on Dudley. Could you fill me in?

Slightly related Denny Piloting 1 August 23rd 07 08:05 PM
slightly OT - NASA ER-2 Skywise Piloting 23 April 25th 06 12:36 AM
For Sale - Slightly Used AK-450 ELT Paul Remde Soaring 1 March 18th 06 01:13 PM