best US jet vs Russian jets?

Old March 10th 04, 09:30 PM
Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj

Peter H. Granzeau wrote:

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 22:15:59 -0000, "Jim Doyle"
wrote:

Stalin-Putin, Putin-Stalin. The more things change,
the more they stay the same.

Where, pray tell, are the similarities? They're both Russian.... ummm.
That's about it I guess!

While I don't know about Putin's ancestry, Stalin wasn't Russian, he
was Georgian (originally named Djugashvili or something like that).

So what does the name Granzeau make you?

Old March 11th 04, 04:14 AM
David E. Powell

"ville terminale" wrote in message
om...
"Mark T. Evert" wrote in message

"ville terminale" wrote in message
om...
i know US jet is much better. how many of best russian jets could one
US jet take on at once? i'll bet the best US jet can shoot down at
least 5 of russia's best jets before going down.

It might depend on the pilot......I remember Chuck Yeager and another

Air
Force officer debated wether the F86 or Mig15 was a better plane. The
settled it by taking turns in each plane and dogfighting each
other......Yeager waxed him good both times.......

Now in fairness technology is quite a bit different now....but I bet a

Mig29
would be a good match for it's counterpart in the West.

okay, what if there were two yeagers and one piloted the mig while other

the f86?

Yeah, but the very point is there isn't another Yeager. Only one of those
around :+) Each pilot is different. Now, maybe if Chuck Yeager and Erich
Hartmann decided to have a friendly exercise, or Chuck Yeager and Adolf
Galland.....

Old March 11th 04, 05:35 AM
JStONGE123

Please you will only cloud their pea brains with facts, sir.

Try again, Bush was fully qualified in F-102s. That's hardly "rudimentary."

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

The Durango 95 purred away real horrorshow. A nice warm vibratey feeling all
through your guttiwuts.
Old March 11th 04, 07:29 AM
rnf2

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:03:15 -0000, "Jim Doyle"
wrote:

It looks like Putin will run unpposed. I guess most candiadates realized

the
elction is rigged so why bother. All the radio and TV stations are ordered
to play only pro-Putin Propaganda.
Putin's files will be divulged in about 50 years or so.

I doesn't seem Putin will run unopposed, and I find it hard to believe that
a strong willed and principled candidate will just drop from the contest
(without some gentle persuasion!). This said, I saw an article in The Times
(UK) today regarding his control of the media - I had no idea that was the
case. However, Putin doesn't seem to be purging away with Stalin's gusto; I
guess he's got a lot of catching up to do.

He''s had alot of his oppodents and their backers chased around on
trumped up charges while his backers whith the same corrupt practices
are being sheltered... a bit like bush/cheney and halliburton I
suppose...
Old March 11th 04, 08:51 AM
Captain!

"Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj" wrote in message
. ..
Captain! wrote:

"Stinky Pete" wrote in message
et...

Well...it's been a romp for US jets pretty much always.

Just look at the record of Russki jets in the first Gulf War, the

Balkans,
Libya and Israel vs. Syria in the Bekaa valley.

This should give you some idea why jets like the Gripen, Eurofighter and
Rafale can seem to sell for diddly. In the past 10 years, they've

probably
sold for export 20 aircraft between the three of them. Germany came real
close to bailing out of the Eurofighter program. If it wasn't for India,
Russia wouldn't sell anything either.

i can buy several new migs for the price of one stealth fighter.

Can YOU really buy either 8-) ??

yes. i have several now, warming up in the batcave.

Old March 11th 04, 09:51 AM
Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj

David E. Powell wrote:
"ville terminale" wrote in message
om...

"Mark T. Evert" wrote in message

"ville terminale" wrote in message
e.com...

i know US jet is much better. how many of best russian jets could one
US jet take on at once? i'll bet the best US jet can shoot down at
least 5 of russia's best jets before going down.

It might depend on the pilot.....I remember Chuck Yeager and another
Air Force officer debated wether the F86 or Mig15 was a better plane.
They settled it by taking turns in each plane and dogfighting each
other......Yeager waxed him good both times.......

Now in fairness technology is quite a bit different now....but
I bet a Mig29 would be a good match for it's counterpart
in the West.

okay, what if there were two yeagers and one piloted the mig
while other the f86?

Yeah, but the very point is there isn't another Yeager. Only one of those
around :+) Each pilot is different. Now, maybe if Chuck Yeager and Erich
Hartmann decided to have a friendly exercise, or Chuck Yeager and Adolf
Galland.....

Sort of like a grandmasters chess tournament with the planes playing the
role of the chess colours
Say a series of 7 games. 3 games each using each plane, and the seventh
game plane assignment decided with a coin toss.
Sponsored by one of the big breweries and carried live on a sports
network. 8-)

Old March 11th 04, 12:23 PM
Stinky Pete

Captain! wrote:

[...]

....making your whole house smell of JP-4?

Old March 11th 04, 03:01 PM
Jeff Crowell

Stinky Pete wrote:
...making your whole house smell of JP-4?

You say that like it's a bad thing...

Jeff