Homebuilt minijet

Old August 27th 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

Default Homebuilt minijet

Phil wrote:
Thanks for all informations

I try to do my best here : www.minijets.org

The pix are nice but I can't read French.

Tony
Old August 27th 06, 09:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Phil

Currently under translation.
Phil

"Anthony W" a écrit dans le message de news:
R86Ig.15926$NF3.15178@trnddc05...

Old August 27th 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

Thanks, it looks like a cool site. I've bookmarked it and I'll check
back from time to time.

Tony

Old September 1st 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

The biggest problem with building jets as small as the BD-5J is the choice
of engine. There just aren't that many engines out there that will fit in an
aircraft that small, and most of them are old designs. There's a few that
are coming out of the upscaling of R/C model turbine engines, but they're
not quite yet there for manned aircraft. There are other issues which pose
significant challenges, like fuel consumption and cockpit space limitations.
The result is there isn't much of a market for what comes out of all that,
because the aircraft is impractical for anything except poking holes in the
sky, doing airshows or pretending you're a cruise missile.

"Phil" wrote in message
Hi,

Except BD-5J does somebody know if there is single-seat homebuilt minijet?

Thanks
Phil

Old September 2nd 06, 10:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Phil

I like the cruise missile point of view. But not for me.
I agree with old engine designs, but it's the same for airframe.

If you'll have a new turbine with a fuel consumption half (and less than
half price) the Pb will not be the same.
I know some guys with such project. We will see

Phil.
www.minijets.org